Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Ken Tripkos, I've owned many Jags/British cars and bikes over the years (I'm 71 years of age now) I was a Master Jaguar Tech from 1976 to 1989. Due to my interest in road racing I've raced everything from a Elva MK VI to what we call Spec Racer Fords here in the States. Due to my racing experience I ended up as SCCA Pro Racing's Competition and Technical Director for almost 10 years which at the end I had reached retirement age. SCCA Pro Racing sanctioned Trans Am, Pirelli World Challenge, Mazda MX5 Cup, Viper Cup Challenge just to name a few. However I didn't really retire, 3 years ago I started MaxMotorSports, specializing in the restoration of all British Cars and Motorcycles. Two years ago I started road racing a 1972 Norton Commando in vintage bike events. Presently I am restoring 1939 R35 BMW, a 1958 Royal Enfield and a 1968 XKE. I have also built three award winning BSA Clubmans and something I'll probably not do again, a 1955 Buick Special Convertible...So much for being retired.

Thank you for letting me join this distinguished group,
KT

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Blimey Ken.. that's a hell of an introduction!! :eek:

Far more than we usually get and it seems you've had quite some career/life!

Welcome aboard!! :cool:

Two years ago you started road racing motor cycles !! ?? :eek:

You're definitely silly enough to be a forum member on here then!!! :laugh:

Enjoy your stay.. and the banter.. of which there is a lot, oh.. and we're very good at going 'off topic', often very quickly!!.. :D

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Welcome Ken. That’s a very impressive CV

We’re all over classics here, have a couple of MGs myself.

Feel free to tell us all about your Jaguars. We love a decent picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,296 Posts
Welcome Ken and what a history. We are honoured..........

Whereabouts in the 'States?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome Ken, that’s an awesome CV and Is inspirational just reading about it.

Feel free to share some memories and experiences from along the way.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Hello & welcome, sounds from your intro that it will be good to have you on board, look forward to learning lots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am located in the Mid-Lands of the US in a city called Topeka which is the capitol of my state Kansas. The name Kansas is derived from an Native American word meaning "People of the South Wind".

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum KT.
Great city names you have over there. I recognise Topeka from the famous "Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad".

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . ☺

·
Administrator
27,296 Posts
Excellent, I have friends in many states, (including both north and south of you in Nebraska and Oklahoma) but you are my first contact in Kansas!

My, but you are a long way from the sea there.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Ken, I salute you. That is an impressive history.

And welcome, by the way :)

·
17,724 Posts
Welcome. Thats a hefty intro - but a good one.

If you can deal with the Brit humour - you're more than welcome here.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
I am located in the Mid-Lands of the US in a city called Topeka which is the capitol of my state Kansas. The name Kansas is derived from an Native American word meaning "People of the South Wind".
I’m a person of the south wind too, well so the other half says :D

Welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there! I really didn't know there was such a cool community like this regarding Jaguars! I will introduce myself later, welcome to all the newbies. Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts