Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when you thought diesel was dying a death JLR come out with this. What's the betting it doesn't fit the XE or XF.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
That’s great news for JLR!
hybrid+ petrol on big boxes like Land Rover are quite poor in terms of MPG. Hybrid+diesel might be the answer for big boxes.
Sure not under the Xe will fit, maybe Xf but don’t think they sell many 3.0d now a days.

·
Super Moderator
27,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The straight-six petrol doesn't fit in the XF so I doubt this will either.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Going to watch this with interest. JLR always said the Ingenium engine was scaleable and was designed to readily add extra cylinders. Also a bit baffled as to which car/tractor it will go into but I wouldn't mind a straight 6 petrol will closely follow and about time too.

·
Super Moderator
27,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F-Pace and E-Pace if you want a Jaguar with it most likely.

·
Registered
10,658 Posts
Is badged a land rover though so probably no jag :(

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
They're hammering a suitable recess into the facelifted XF bulkhead as we speak. That's why there is a delay..... :D

·
Administrator
28,196 Posts
It's going into FFRRs and RRSs first.

To replace the TDV8 diesels.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
27,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There’s a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
New gearbox?

·
Administrator
26,341 Posts
It's going into the next XF which is being designed for a hybrid drivetrain.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Good news indeed. 350 hp / 700 nm just sounds a bit low for a brand new 3 liter diesel.

·
Super Moderator
27,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's going into the next XF which is being designed for a hybrid drivetrain.
Which isn’t going to come out until 2023 or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Going to watch this with interest. JLR always said the Ingenium engine was scaleable and was designed to readily add extra cylinders. Also a bit baffled as to which car/tractor it will go into but I wouldn't mind a straight 6 petrol will closely follow and about time too.
Yesterday's press release for the new Discovery launch included the i6 diesel.

·
Administrator
28,196 Posts
It's already in the new Defender, too.

Getting common as muck now!

·
Registered
210 Posts
This sounds similar to the Mercedes M256 inline 3.0d that was introduced a couple of years ago. Link.
There is no accessory drive at front, allowing it to be fitted into the engine area (saves 2 inches apparently). Instead, electric motors are used for water pump and AC compressor.
Interesting that major car manufacturers are stil investing so much in the future of diesels.
I think it is good because we clearly cannot switch quickly and completely to electric cars and diesels still offer better environmental benefits over petrol if emissions can be dealt with better.

·
Administrator
28,196 Posts
I doubt the Ingenium engine would be signed off for development now - it is actually a 5 + year old design - started well before thoughts of banning ICE had surfaced.

·
Administrator
26,341 Posts
I doubt the Ingenium engine would be signed off for development now - it is actually a 5 + year old design - started well before thoughts of banning ICE had surfaced.
I doubt there will be any further development on mainstream V8s & possibly 6 cylinder engines as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts