Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 2018 XJ L Portfolio with adaptive cruise control (US model). According to the manual, I can change how far behind other cars I follow. No problems there. Also, according to the manual, I can completely turn off the adaptive function and rely on my own eyes to gauge whether I'm following another car at a safe distance. This function does not work.

I took the car to the dealer for a warranty fix. After waiting two months for an appointment and not getting a loaner car, they could not fix it and said that this "must have been disabled" in some update or another. No further help. Does anyone know for sure if this feature should work or not?

Also, I tried to buy a bottle of touch-up paint (Rosello Red) but they said these weren't available from Jaguar, that I'd have to go to Sherin Williams and see if they could match the paint (!). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your time and help. I love the car, but I thought this type of "service" went out of style 30 years ago.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That is truly awful service.

Normally, when I wish to switch this off (or the speed limiter)
I just press the 'cancel' button.
But I have an XF and am not familiar with the XJ controls.

Welcome to the forum, btw.
Paul.

·
Registered
10,762 Posts
Welcome
You could look at a UK company called ChipEx.

They do touch up kits for around £35.
I have a few of them and the colour match is very good. Just takes a little patience.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,375 Posts
Dealer is wrong, I’ve bought a touch up kit from a dealer, reasonably priced too. Can’t imagine it’s any different across the pond.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Jaguar Rosello Red paint touch up kits, either brush or pen types, are available on Amazon at around £6.50.
I used their Carpathian Grey touch up and it matched very well. As already said, it takes a bit of patience to get it right.
Can't help with the distance control problem.

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,037 Posts
I wasn't aware with ACC you could turn off the distance part of it? Maybe read the manual.

Reactions: Popeye and DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
22,354 Posts
I wasn't aware with ACC you could turn off the distance part of it? Maybe read the manual.
The Tesla version is getting heavily critiqued.
Older versions ( the rattly USA built things) used radar but a recent sw update has switched to cameras using TESLAVISION.... just all over the place, like the ruined ( but once brilliant) AHB .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts