Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on condensation on back window. Jag XE 2.0, 2017 model. No water leaks, but bad condensation on rear windscreen. Any advice welcome, thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
Harry....put separate post on XE Specific Section.

·
17,669 Posts
Welcome Haz.

If possible - I'd sit with the car on the driveway - all doors and boot open - and let the condensation escape while cutting grass or something where you can keep an eye on the car while it is open,

You may also want to look into changing the pollen filter - I've heard reports of the car condensation not being drawn out due to a blocked pollen filter.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Good call Rigz min......Harry’s a mate of mine in Glesga......is pollen filter on XE in same place as mine on XJ......? If so I can talk him through it......Rangers fan.......may take some time for him to take it in. LOL.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Rangers fan and and name the same as a registration on one of my old BMW's can't be all bad then Kev!
Likely to be either the pollen filter or something up with the automatic Airconditioning.

Welcome Haz!
You don't say if this happens with the A/C on or off?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Hello & welcome, could you try to teach big Kev some proper words please. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Superman’s girlfriend......Lisa Lane, eh.....? (In Ingerleesh, leave us alone, eh.....? ) lol.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Superman’s girlfriend......Lisa Lane, eh.....? (In Ingerleesh, leave us alone, eh.....? ) lol.
Got it straight away :D

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Welcome Haz. Is the aircon set on auto all the time. These systems are designed to be used on auto even in sunny Scotland.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome Haz.

If possible - I'd sit with the car on the driveway - all doors and boot open - and let the condensation escape while cutting grass or something where you can keep an eye on the car while it is open,

You may also want to look into changing the pollen filter - I've heard reports of the car condensation not being drawn out due to a blocked pollen filter.
Welcome Haz.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi rigger,

thanks for your info, leaving windows and boot open today for a few hours today. I will google and try and find how to replace the pollen filter you could be right with that ..

thanks Harry.

·
Administrator
27,265 Posts
Key question Harry ( and welcome btw) is: have you got the aircon running all the time? You meed to as it controls humidity in the cabin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome Haz. Is the aircon set on auto all the time. These systems are designed to be used on auto even in sunny Scotland.
Hi,
No it’s not on auto. Just checked my last service pollen filter was changed 21, 000miles it’s 26,000 now !!! I can rule that oot now 😡...left back windows down for a couple hours today 🤞.. ( game on ) ??? So annoying !!! Thanks haz

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Best leave it in Auto for a while.
The Aircon not only cools but it dehumidifies, removing the moisture from the air insider he car to stop the windows steaming up.

That may be your solution.

It’s not called ‘automatic air conditioning’ for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Best leave it in Auto for a while.
The Aircon not only cools but it dehumidifies, removing the moisture from the air insider he car to stop the windows steaming up.

That may be your solution.

It’s not called ‘automatic air conditioning’ for nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,

Does this mean a/c stays on all the time ? Because auto button doesn’t work unless a/c is on? Does this go off itself? Thanks again 🤪

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
Yes, ac on all the time. But . . . . it's a "clever" system and the ac compressor is controlled with an electric clutch. If the cabin temp/ humidity needs the ac, then the compressor runs. Otherwise it doesn't even though the ac light is on.
Welcome to the forum, by the way!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
I agree with the other John. I leave the car in Auto all year round. It's necessary to help dehumidify the cabin, but is smart enough to "turn off" when not required. I don't notice performance or mpg issues when it does work, but I guess I have a few hp to spare ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Same here, permanently on auto for years.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts