Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I picked up my 2012 facelift model Jaguar XF Portfolio 3.0d 2 weeks ago and am blown away by it, I just love it, but its Lacking front parking sensors and rear reversing camera.
I have just purchased rear trim inc camera off eBay from a 2012 XF but need to know how I identify the exact modules and looms I guess sensors will be pretty much the same across similar spec XF’s I intend to buy new bumper in correct colour with sensors already fitted also toying with the idea also of drilling holes myself as I have the equipment, and I believe the position is marked on the inside of the bumper but not sure how I would fix sensors do they come with a fixing clip or can these be got separately, do I also need the park assist lighting unit? I have also heard that that some cars come with correct looms if your lucky how would I identify these? And lastly does any body know anybody in the West Midlands that could program them into the cars system?
thanks for any advice in advance guys, here is a few pics

Attachments

·
Firm Rampant Member
11,836 Posts
Welcome sir.
A fine motor... hope you continue to enjoy it .

My mum used to live, when she was little, in Shrewsbury.
She pronounced it Shrewsbury.. as in Shrewsbury .
Was she correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DAVENN,

Thank you, and yes she most certainly was, you should come visit in the summer after lockdown it’s a lovely Town, any idea’s on how I go about installing the OE front sensors and camera?

·
Firm Rampant Member
11,836 Posts
Not a clue, sorry.

I'm glad she was right on that, though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I replaced my front bumper, the donor bumper didn't have sensor holes but I got the correct drill bit (18mm?) off ebay, You are correct in that the position is marked on the rear of the bumper. The sensors are held in place by small plastic brackets, spot welded in place, I drilled these out and used silaflex adhesive to reattach, brackets should be available from Jaguar. On the donor car the wiring harness was not wired for sensors. It may not be an easy fix as there is also a switch in the overhead console which activates the front sensors but good luck if you decide to give it a go.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Hello & welcome. Not able to help with your question, have you looked in the modifications or electronics sections?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello & welcome. Not able to help with your question, have you looked in the modifications or electronics sections?
Hi Idrobb,
actually no I haven’t, I am a total newbie to all this but any info that leads me in the right direction is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I put "replace rear sensors" in search bar, quite a few hits that may help.

·
17,724 Posts
Welcome, looks like a nice car you have there.

Plenty of help and knowledge here - and banter too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts