Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2nd Jaaaag owner, xf sport brake premium lux 2.2 d 62 plate馃嚞馃嚙

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Hi everyone, i'm new to this don't really know what i'm doing but here goes
I had a problem a while ago with the alarm going off, always in the early hours, the cars system said triggered by drivers door, i had a problem on a couple of cold mornings with the lock freezing in the open position. I bought and fitted a genuine Jaguar door lock (what a job) all know ok no more alarms going off. How do i get rid of the triggered by drivers door warning in the cars alarm menu? I have a Laser fault code reader but it doesn't show anything.

Registered
Nice one, Andy! So, what has it replaced?
And welcome to the forum.
And we like to see the Jaaaags - photos please.

Edit: Posts crossed.
Is there a "Clear fault codes" option on your OBDII reader?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John for your welcome, i'm a bit of a computer dunce so trying to navigate this forum is foreign to me!!
My previous Jaaaaag was a 2011 xf 3.0 d prem lux, was a great car until hitting a dear on the way to work on a dark november morning at Haldon forrest. I'll try to post a photo of my car soon. my OBD11 reader didn't really show any thing so i chose clear faults anyway and it said no faults found? probably going to be a Jag dealer job, or i'll just leave it as it doesn't affect anything.
thanks
AndyG

Registered
Welcome aboard Andy!

Whereabouts more precisely are you seeing the warning?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Pete
its on the central display in the alarm menu section, without being in the car thats all i can say, initially there was a message to remove the warning however after choosing yes to remove it still stayed?
AndyG

Registered
Disconnect the battery. Touch the -ve lead to the +ve and reconnect. That should clear any faults.

Registered
If you mean like this Andy:

Then I don't think any OBD readers will clear it, reason for saying so is that my codes were cleared by a proper snap-on type reader at my local place quite a while back and I'm pretty sure that the alarm hasn't gone off since but I still see the 'warning'...

John's suggestion above might be an idea.. though I'd just learn not to look at that page on the screen... :D

Registered
Hi Andy, welcome along.
to answer your question , eh you don鈥檛
it simply just shows what the last trigger was and it鈥檚 not clearble, unless it clears with disconnecting the battery, but personally I鈥檇 be fearful of that as there鈥榮 been a couple of cases of 2.2 users disconnecting their batteries and the cars fuse box has lost its configuration so making it impossible to start.

Registered
Good point Gav.. I'd forgotten that!!..

Registered
Hi Andy, welcome along.
to answer your question , eh you don鈥檛
it simply just shows what the last trigger was and it鈥檚 not clearble, unless it clears with disconnecting the battery, but personally I鈥檇 be fearful of that as there鈥榮 been a couple of cases of 2.2 users disconnecting their batteries and the cars fuse box has lost its configuration so making it impossible to start.
Really? So changing your battery might put the car into dustbin mode??? Surely not. :oops:

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone, yes that is where my trigger shows, if its not clearable then i'll just ignore it as i've been doing, i just would have liked to have cleared it if it was possible, i hear what you're warning about disconnecting the battery, so i won't go there.
AndyG

Registered
Really? So changing your battery might put the car into dustbin mode??? Surely not. :oops:
We鈥檝e had a few cases of it John, could be the chain of events the car is still writing data to the FB and the data gets corrupt. Onotole was repairing a board by reprogramming, think he gave us the heads up

Registered
We鈥檝e had a few cases of it John, could be the chain of events the car is still writing data to the FB and the data gets corrupt. Onotole was repairing a board by reprogramming, think he gave us the heads up
I stand amazed, Gav. Must have missed those posts/ threads.

Registered
Hello & welcome

Registered
Welcome to the forum Andy. I love Devon and try to get to Teignmouth area several times a year. Hope you can enjoy your XF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, thanks for that yours looks smart, as with everyone else at the moment we're all locked down. My saving grace is that i'm a fuel delivery driver, therefore classed as essential worker so i can at least get out and earn a living. the empty roads are strange, but lovely to get around. I think this Corona virus thing is going to run and run, just what state the country will be in at the end, if there is an end lord knows. One consolation is that our cars and houses will never have been so clean!!
Take care
Andy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts