Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
19,578 Posts
I have heard of the X260 being able to change the beam pattern from the settings menu within the car instrument menu - but can't find hide nor hair of it.

Reactions: Rockstar

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
My experience of LEDs is with the XJ but I can confirm that because there are no lenses or shutters involved, the beam pattern is purely down to adjustment. The HIDs may be different but if memory serves of the Xenons in my X250, they were the same. Just needed adjustment.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Sorry, I've definitely seen the option, will dig around. Maybe it was on the F-Pace.
Both online manuals do say no change is required for driving abroad though....

This thread is on the F-Pace forum and it concurs

Reactions: Rockstar

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, I've definitely seen the option, will dig around. Maybe it was on the F-Pace.
Both online manuals do say no change is required for driving abroad though....

This thread is on the F-Pace forum and it concurs

I’ve read the manual in English and German, but neither convince the TÜV inspectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Is your car still under a UK warranty?

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Is the setting in the manual for changing sides of the road for auto high beam adjust?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is the setting in the manual for changing sides of the road for auto high beam adjust?
Hi - unfortunately we’ve already been over this, as you’ll see in the thread above

Short answer - no, there is no available adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Sorry, I meant auto high beam assist, not adjust!... DOH!! 😁

Seem to remember people talking about it needing setting when driving abroad before and was wondering if that's what they were thinking of when they couldn't find it?

I'll go and sit back in the corner quietly now...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, I meant auto high beam assist, not adjust!... DOH!!

Seem to remember people talking about it needing setting when driving abroad before and was wondering if that's what they were thinking of when they couldn't find it?

Ha ha! No, as per the manual, there are no adjustments on the x260.

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
But there has to be manual adjusters - horizontal and vertical - on the headlight units themselves. Can you not re-adjust the dipped beams for driving on the right and just re-present the car for its German MOT?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,260 Posts
Sorry, I meant auto high beam assist, not adjust!... DOH!! 😁

Spot on Pete just went out and checked , I have a setting in the ahb menu for left or right, but nothing else

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Thanks Gav, at least that small bit of memory still works then... :D

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
24 Posts
But there has to be manual adjusters - horizontal and vertical - on the headlight units themselves. Can you not re-adjust the dipped beams for driving on the right and just re-present the car for its German MOT?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Unfortunately also not accepted by TÜV. I’d have preferred this option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
Unfortunately also not accepted by TÜV. I’d have preferred this option.
Forgive my ignorance. But if the beam pattern is correct - a) why would it be questioned? and b) how would they know the headlight units are not specifically for the German market?

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Thanks Gav, at least that small bit of memory still works then... :D
Lucky man

Seems to be an AHB setting for telling the cameras on which side to watch for moving lights.

Reactions: PeteA and Gav

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
The trouble Steve, is that by tomorrow I probably won't be able to remember what it was that I remembered today... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Forgive my ignorance. But if the beam pattern is correct - a) why would it be questioned? and b) how would they know the headlight units are not specifically for the German market?
The beam is asymmetrical and although flattens out after a 15 degree raise, the raise goes left rather than right. Technically, they won’t blind oncoming traffic, but ze Germans still won’t allow it through.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts