Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
In fact, I remembered I’ve got a side by side of my cars, one with led and one with xenon...

View attachment 169138
Funnily enough, I was down at Carrs first thing on Thursday dropping off a chap to pick up his new (to him) XF Sportbrake.

One reason for him choosing that particular car was that it is also has a West Kernow reg.. meaning he won't look like "a tourist" in his words when he moves down, I was quick to point out that the correct term is Emmet if he wants to 'blend in' down here.... :D

Are the lights on yet Conor?

We need many pics of the deed!!! :cool:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Is it a straight swap?

Do the xenons have the same power supply that requires cooling after shut down like the LEDs?
I never drive in dark conditions. I barely know how the xenon perform at night time.
Indeed the LED look better and that would be reason to swap.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
I've finished my popcorn
It’s ok , Allan left a few bags in the kitchen cupboard.

You’re very late BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I can't fit them until car has been to the dealer as it may effect warranty. Car due in to get 18d and Android Auto in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread, especially as someone who barely posts!

My X260 Sportbrake needs new headlights. I’m driving a UK spec car in Europe, so need to swap to LHD spec units.

Now might be as good a time as any to upgrade from Xenon to LED units. I’d be really appreciative if I could chat to someone who has done the deed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
@googsy1 is the man to chat to.
You'll need the units and few load resistors for the indicators as they're LED in the units, whereas your existing ones are old fashioned bulbs.
You can just swap the HID units for brighter ones, which is the route I took.

Reactions: Rockstar

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,260 Posts
I thought UK spec lights were suitable drive in Europe?
the x250 used to have a lever but facelift ones didn’t as the beam pattern cut off was ok?
Is the hids on the x260 not the same? Or is that only suitable for say a holiday?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I thought UK spec lights were suitable drive in Europe?
the x250 used to have a lever but facelift ones didn’t as the beam pattern cut off was ok?
Is the hids on the x260 not the same? Or is that only suitable for say a holiday?
That’s what I thought too, especially as the manual said so. However, I’ve been to two German TÜV stations and neither will accept them. It looks like I’m forced to change them.

·
19,578 Posts
Hi Rockstar,

I'd query Jaguar directly about this. More so when the manual says that the beam pattern does not need adjusting.

I'd also ask the TUV stations - why they are not accepting them. Maybe they see a UK plate, and assume its not the correct beam pattern.

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Rockstar,

I'd query Jaguar directly about this. More so when the manual says that the beam pattern does not need adjusting.

I'd also ask the TUV stations - why they are not accepting them. Maybe they see a UK plate, and assume its not the correct beam pattern.
I’ve been to two separate TÜV stations, both examined the beam pattern and said due to the rise on the wrong side, they were not compliant with German regulations. I pulled out the manual in English and German, but that didn’t help.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Interesting, there's a menu option for the lighting : drive on Left/right. Do they not accept this?

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the beam pattern with the adjusters (two on each headlight housing). One does vertical angle, and the other does horizontal angle. You may be able to get the “kick” on the right hand side instead of the left, using the horizontal angle adjustment.

Not sure which adjuster is which, but a knowledgeable fellow or two will be along with the relevant detail soon I’m sure.

·
19,578 Posts
Interesting, there's a menu option for the lighting : drive on Left/right. Do they not accept this?
I was trying to find that in the manual - couldn't find it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I‘m driving a X260 - where is that menu option? Even the manual says no mechanical or electronic adjustment is necessary.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts