Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise please re the current I-PACE orders and deliveries and if the cars are being affected (spec levels being downgraded) because of the chip shortage? and if not now, has this been muted for future deliveries?

Yesterday we refused delivery of an EQC AMG Line Premium Plus which we’ve waited over 6 months for but turned up with different wheels to the ones ordered and without the Burmester Surround Sound system. We already knew that it would be missing the Augmented Reality Navigation, Wireless Charging and Energising Comfort Pack but the unannounced missing Burmester option (and Mercedes Benz’s attitude to the whole sorry saga) was the final straw.

So car rejected and order cancelled.

Now looking at the new I-PACE HSE or HSE Black or the new BMW iX.

Anyone know the lead in times on I-PACE new orders currently? and more importantly if they’re turning up fully specced or are some options missing?

Thanks in Advance.

·
Administrator
29,710 Posts
My bil collected his iPace this week. 5 months from order to delivery & delivered to spec - although none of the options required microchips.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Stig, with your vast experience and knowledge of the Marque are you aware of how other models in the JLR line up have been affected? Are Jaguar Land Rover delivering cars to spec or are they taking bits out because of the microchip issue?

The last thing I want to do is order an I-PACE for the missus, wait 5 months and then find out that it is also going to have missing features.

·
Super Moderator
32,610 Posts
As far as I’m aware it’s just 360 camera and HUD that are currently unavailable. You might also only receive a single smart key at first but a second will be delivered when they have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
5,167 Posts
Thank you Stig, with your vast experience and knowledge of the Marque are you aware of how other models in the JLR line up have been affected? Are Jaguar Land Rover delivering cars to spec or are they taking bits out because of the microchip issue?

The last thing I want to do is order an I-PACE for the missus, wait 5 months and then find out that it is also going to have missing features.
Quite a lot of reports on F-Pace forums of delayed deliveries, and those coming next year not having things like HUD, surround cameras etc.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Order placed today -

iPace EV400 HSE MY2022

Portofino Blue
Light Oyster Windsor Leather Performance Seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
20” Style 5068 Dark Grey with Contrast Diamond Turned finish
Electronic Air Suspension
Adaptive Dynamics
Premium Upgrade Interior Pack
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
Gloss Charcoal Ash Veneer
Wireless Charging
Cabin Air Ionisation
Powered Gesture Tailgate
Homelink Garage Door Opener

Estimated Delivery 22 weeks.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Mini have gone back to an analogue Speedo/rev-counter from a digital dash. Many brands are only supplier one key. Affecting everyone differently.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes indeed, we’ll see what turns up.

The current deals on the iPace knocked spots off anything we could get on a Range Rover, Porsche or Audi and I’m not going anywhere near Mercedes Benz after the way they handled our EQC order.

·
Super Moderator
32,610 Posts
Good spec. Real shame they dropped 360 cameras and HUD though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, you’re right Chris. I have a 360 camera on our Discovery (not dissimilar to your current daily driver :) ) and it is very useful. I also like the HUD but I can live without it. As long as it comes with the bits I’ve ordered I will be happy.

It’s actually the good lady who will be using it the most and thankfully she’s more bothered about the colour (Dark Blue exterior / Light coloured interior) and the pan roof, than anything practical :)

I have caught up with your thread this evening and will be following it with interest. You seem extremely knowledgeable so thank you for all you post. Sorry you are experiencing renewed problems with yours.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Order placed today -

iPace EV400 HSE MY2022

Portofino Blue
Light Oyster Windsor Leather Performance Seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
20” Style 5068 Dark Grey with Contrast Diamond Turned finish
Electronic Air Suspension
Adaptive Dynamics
Premium Upgrade Interior Pack
Panoramic Roof
Privacy Glass
Gloss Charcoal Ash Veneer
Wireless Charging
Cabin Air Ionisation
Powered Gesture Tailgate
Homelink Garage Door Opener

Estimated Delivery 22 weeks.
So, nine months on from placing the order, the car is finally due to arrive tomorrow.

A string of delays and some painfully slow progress in general, however the only option we believe is missing is the Powered Gesture Tailgate (replaced by a straight forward Powered Tailgate)…all will be revealed tomorrow, hopefully.

·
Super Moderator
32,610 Posts
We’ve used the gesture tailgate once or twice so that’s nothing to worry about. The good thing with the I-PACE is the boot opens and closes from the fob so I doubt you’ll miss the gesture feature.

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We’ve used the gesture tailgate once or twice so that’s nothing to worry about. The good thing with the I-PACE is the boot opens and closes from the fob so I doubt you’ll miss the gesture feature.

Good to know Chris, thank you.

I know it wouldve been useful at times but as you say, no big deal.

Hopefully there is nothing else missing.

·
Super Moderator
32,610 Posts
Good luck. Enjoy your day :)

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,037 Posts
missing is the Powered Gesture Tailgate
At least you can't now look stupid doing a silly one-legged dance in the carpark while trying not to fall over due to 5 shopping bags overbalancing you on the one leg! Good luck with new car day (y)

Reactions: Statler and ChrisSB
1 - 20 of 25 Posts