Jaguar Forum banner
321 - 340 of 344 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,280 Posts
The meet was at Jaguar Land Rover Classic works today. Celebrating 60 years of the Mk2.

I remember the MK2 coming out and me being 14, it was at a bargain price. Dad was undecided between a 2.4 one of these and a Ford Zodiac of similar cost. Despite my protests we ended up with a Zodiac because there was more space inside FFS!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Anyone going this weekend, I'm intending on taking my new ride, unless it's peeing down.

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Yep as always :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I'm a maybe at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just bought a private plate for our new XFS. MrsN’s initial (R), she was born on 6th June 1986, and XFS. Naturally I looked for R666 XFS. It was unavailable. I settled on R66 XFS.

After getting the go ahead to book a hotel for the March Breakfast Meeting, I watched the video of the February one.

What do I see? An XF S with the number plate I wanted!

·
19,981 Posts
Just bought a private plate for our new XFS. MrsN’s initial (R), she was born on 6th June 1986, and XFS. Naturally I looked for R666 XFS. It was unavailable. I settled on R66 XFS.

After getting the go ahead to book a hotel for the March Breakfast Meeting, I watched the video of the February one.

Make him an offer ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts

Make him an offer
That’s my plan if I see him there in March!

·
Super Moderator
12,280 Posts
That’s my plan if I see him there in March!
You might just catch him as he's about to swap it for another breed Ken. If you don't ask you don't get.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Don't worry about cleaning it, @ChrisSB 's car will be there & it's recent state gives us all a lot of leeway now :D

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
I’m afraid, as expected, the April Breakfast Club meeting has been cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Yes saw that, it will be one of many to be cancelled. I will probably have my drive in the classic Jaguars postponed as well. Hey ho, keep safe

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
JAGUAR BREAKFAST MEET:
SUNDAY 12TH JULY

The Jaguar Breakfast Meet at the British Motor Museum is back!

We are thrilled to announce the first major Jaguar meet since lockdown. Other than enjoying hundreds of Jaguars the meet will require some new procedures to ensure your safety. Please adhere to the following points:
1. All tickets must be booked in advance from the Museum website. You cannot access the site without a pre-booked ticket so do not just turn up on the day or you will be refused entry!
This is to ensure the Museum has your details to satisfy Test & Trace requirements.
2. The gates will open at 8.30am. Please do not arrive earlier but you can arrive much later!
3. The cafe will open from 8.30am exclusively for us and tables will be set up on the gallery outside the usual cafe entrance. You will need to order from the menu and food will be brought to your table.
To ensure good service and hygiene full breakfasts will not be available, instead there will be bacon/sausage/egg sandwiches.
4. The main Museum will not open until 10am and is operating a strict 2m distancing policy. This also applies to our Jaguar display. So please keep your distance!
Please read Museum guidelines carefully on the website before booking your ticket.
Annual ticket holders have had their passes extended automatically by four months to allow for list time. Please choose the correct ticket when booking.
Follow this link to book for Sunday 12th July:

Reactions: JayF

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Nice to see the breakfast club up and running again.

Any idea if this means the meets will revert to the first Saturday of every month again from now on or is this just a one off to see how things go?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
I think the plan is to start them again regularly.

Reactions: JayF

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Can't make it, enjoy if you are going.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I'm going this Saturday, anyone else?