Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He all new here I have a 3.0 v6 portfolio with 43k on my pride and joy owned year and a half not had any issues at all. Until last week went to start it battery was dead nothing at all probably been stood two weeks. Anyway got a pack from work left it few minutes and it started no problem but handbrake would not release so good old YouTube and managed to release handbrake but straight away came up handbrake fault.and would not come back on. So took to work next day to try and recalibrate it. Plugged launch in and wow 60 faults most due to battery. But a lot that will not clear and keep coming back. And handbrake won’t work just clicks when try to reset it. Passenger side day running light has stopped working and am now getting gearbox fault passenger seat fault clocks fault dtc fault. Just totally stuck car had no faults or issues until flat battery which I have replaced with a new one. Anybody got any ideas please lol

·
Firm Rampant Member
13,174 Posts
nope

but it's a bonny motor fella.

Reactions: Spiker1

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
It's almost certainly the battery. The XF is very sensitive to low voltage and numerous, unrelated faults is a classic sign. Plus, if it's the original battery, then you should definitely change it.
If memory serves, it's 95A and 850 A cold crank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Av fitted a new battery and it’s still working it ticket. Everything is still the same

·
Firm Rampant Member
13,174 Posts
It's almost certainly the battery. The XF is very sensitive to low voltage and numerous, unrelated faults is a classic sign. Plus, if it's the original battery, then you should definitely change it.
If memory serves, it's 95A and 850 A cold crank.
but it now has a new one, sir

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,310 Posts
Is it not a case of the BMS needing to be reset so the car realises it actually has a new battery? The frailty of the electrical system on this car never ceases to amaze

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
BMS reset makes no difference in my experience.. though others have had better results...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone had issues with the day running lights just strange too that one has gone off

·
Registered
285 Posts
Has anything been done to prevent water from the washers wicking it's way up to the fusebox??

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes on the facelift, many posts in all the forums, you need to check the top left (grey) multiplug on the fusebox in the drivers footwell for signs of corrosion

·
Registered
65 Posts
Out of the 60 faults you had originally, how many do you now have after you've changed the battery and cleared the codes? Too many to post?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Out of the 60 faults you had originally, how many do you now have after you've changed the battery and cleared the codes? Too many to post?
Gearbox fault
Passenger seat fault
Clocks fault
Dtc fault
Handbrake fault
Passenger side day running light fault

·
Registered
18,724 Posts
Gearbox fault
Passenger seat fault
Clocks fault
Dtc fault
Handbrake fault
Passenger side day running light fault
I still maintain that this is a battery issue. Those faults are so random.
As others have suggested, if the battery module wasn't reset then this could be the issue.

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,118 Posts
Not sure exactly what the codes themselves are. I could get them tomorrow
What do you use to read codes?

for DLR is it only daytime light or headlights and turn signals have the same issue?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts