Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie here.

Picked up a 2020 Portfolio yesterday, still dizzy with excitement. Car was a dealer purchase that for whatever reason never got used, only 30 (not a misprint) miles on the clock.

Could some kind soul let me know what is needed for the spare wheel, I just can't cope with the idea of the gunk. The boot contains gunk, compressor and a towing eye. I get the argument "where would you put a 22" alloy if you had a boot full of stuff", on that rare occasion I could still use the gunk.

Anyway, the massive, mostly empty moulding in the boot which doubles as storage for the parcel shelf would have to go, but what goes in its place?

I can see the hole for the wheel locking pin in the bracket for the (what I understand to be the stop/start) battery. Could some kind soul post a picture or two of what the boot looks like with the space save wheel please?

Is this all that's needed?

GENUINE UNUSED 18” JAGUAR F- PACE space saver spare wheel & jacking kit | eBay

Do the tools sit on top of the battery and the wheel on top secured by the locking bolt? In the image it 'looks' like the wheel wouldn't fit over the moulding.

I also see this moulding, is that to help support the boot floor and, if the tools are under the spare wheel, what goes in it?

2017 JAGUAR F-PACE SPARE COMPARTMENT TOOL KIT JACK-LIFT HOLDER HOUSING FOAM OEM | eBay

Thanks for any advice.

All the best, Mutley.

IMG-20210501-WA0001.jpeg 20210502_111954.jpg 20210502_112037.jpg

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Ours has the goo kit, like yours.

Since you've Jaguar Assist for the next few years, you'll be able to get rescued.
We used the Assist button in the roof panel when the NOx sensor failed a month or so back. The AA came to us at home and diagnosed a visit to the dealer.... so it works.

There are some online part finders but these can be a bit misleading if looking for a specific part. This for example

What you probably should do is talk to a dealer and get the actual part numbers for the bits you need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts