Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts
10 laps of the M25?
Need a destination for pc plod, I could always say I’m trying to get to grips with the new nav system and keep missing my turning 😁

Discussion starter · #43 ·
It must have been quite an engineering feat, & expensive, to achieve on road manners & at the same time exceeding the off road capabilities of the original Defender. I would have thought that it's natural competitor would have been the RRS SVR?

Not sure about the Urban Mods... they look like Chelsea tinsel to me.
Apparently there is an SVR version coming. Dread to think how much that will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently there is an SVR version coming. Dread to think how much that will be.

With 575PS? Would it really be worth the premium for a few extra horses and styling upgrades. Assuming yes hence why they’re making it.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
With 575PS? Would it really be worth the premium for a few extra horses and styling upgrades. Assuming yes hence why they’re making it.
No idea what power but I’d think at least that.

Reactions: Ancill
Could go full fat 600PS with the P8 tune. Would align it closer to the G63 which is it’s only real external rival I would say.

The XFRS was only 39bhp more than the XFR, but they built it 😁

Could go full fat 600PS with the P8 tune. Would align it closer to the G63 which is it’s only real external rival I would say.
650 should be achievable, with some pulley changes

It'll be in the zone where the more it costs, the more demand there will be.

Reactions: ChrisSB
Discussion starter · #53 ·
Well yeah, it’s not like they have trouble shifting the standard V8s. Apparently it’s a year wait already.

Well yeah, it’s not like they have trouble shifting the standard V8s. Apparently it’s a year wait already.

I suspect they are either not ready to release the car into the showrooms yet, or there is a deliberate restriction on production to maintain the demand

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Either way it works for LR.

Of course - residuals on silly power versions of "mundane" vehicles have always been stellar, haven't they?

I’ve just been looking up the postcode for Sainsbury’s in Inverness IV2 3PX, should be getting low on milk by Monday 😁
Better going to Tesco's in Thurso. They have a bigger range ;)

Reassuringly expensive [emoji16]
Like the re-imagined original Defender, which sits in a higher price bracket than this new one.

If old Defender prices are considered then the new one is a worthy investment.

There is a Utility version in the pipeline but I guess the Farmers will have to wait 3-4 years until all Chelsea Tractor demand does down...

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.