Jaguar Forum banner

New Defender V8 Launched

6K views 79 replies 15 participants last post by  cutlea01 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Not bad though considering it can do that anywhere. I'd like to see your Panzer doing that across a muddy field. :p

£101k though. Still some change for a remap and smaller pulleys.

#9 ·
I bet it's already sold out for the next year.

Reactions: ChrisSB
#15 ·
Think I’d have the F pace SVR personally. Cheaper, more powerful and better looking arguably.

However the new defender has some serious road presence, not sure how it looks so much bigger on the road than it does in the pictures?

Also the face lifted F pace SVR now has launch control (first JLR to have it?) which gives it much better stats than it previously had.

Reactions: Statler
#19 ·
#23 ·
Defender is now a lifestyle vehicle, not utility.

Personally I am really unsure if that is good or bad. If they were more reliable, and I had the moolah, I would probably have one to go with my country estate.

#26 ·
There's no way I could afford £100k for one of these...

However, if they depreciate nicely I'd buy one in a few years. Something with a 5.0 V8 that's a bit "Not Normal" that can tow 3.5 tons would be ideal for me :)

Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB
#27 ·
There's no way I could afford £100k for one of these...

However, if they depreciate nicely I'd buy one in a few years. Something with a 5.0 V8 that's a bit "Not Normal" that can tow 3.5 tons would be ideal for me :)
I would imagine that depreciation will be negligible in the first few years, possibly even changing hands for higher than list for a while

#38 ·
I’ve also just noticed, have they changed the spec of the meridian surround system? It’s gone down from 825W to 650W.

I’ve just checked on the jag site and built a new F pace SVR with the same wattage. Standard meridian system is showing as 400W

#53 ·
Well yeah, it’s not like they have trouble shifting the standard V8s. Apparently it’s a year wait already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#54 ·
Well yeah, it’s not like they have trouble shifting the standard V8s. Apparently it’s a year wait already.

I suspect they are either not ready to release the car into the showrooms yet, or there is a deliberate restriction on production to maintain the demand

#55 ·
Either way it works for LR.

#65 ·
And your pasty that's down here will be cold if you don't get a move on...

#76 ·
Just watched this video:

You can fairly hear that Supercharger in the Defender 😍

To all the new adopters - I'm sorry... but... I really hope that depreciates like a lead balloon 😀

#77 ·
I wonder how many of the base, utilitarian version will be sold compared with the "Chelsea Tractor" spec'd versions. Cus I do wonder why they've bothered with the model when it is clearly competing with Range Rover and Discovery.

#79 ·
I've only seen 3 defenders so far and 1 of them was on the steel wheels option which looked really cool, quite retro.

The more blingy ones did look the business though I have to say.

#80 ·
I want one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.