Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I would be very careful with these tyres, they are not nicknamed "Dunslips" for nothing, and keep an eye on the inner walls they are prone to cracking. There are lots of mentions on here about them. Phil

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
If it helps, Costco have Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 3 J-rated 255/35 R20 at £141.99 each, plus £8.40 each for fitting.

They also have a Goodyear offer on until 18 October for £50 discount on 2 tyres 19”+, and £100 discount on 4 tyres 19”+.

So, you could have 4 x Goodyear F1 A3 (J) fitted for £502, with change for a couple of milky bars.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
That's a cracking offer Jake.. the nearest Costco to Matt is ~170 miles away though.. :D

·
Registered
5,814 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Everything is sooo expensive in Surrey too - probably because people think we are rolling in money (which we are not).

BTW: I've just replaced one of the tyres on my sportbrake because the sidewall had a bulge. The car came with Pirelli Zeroes. I ordered a replacement from Black Circles and what arrived was Audi fitment. Jaguar specify the NCS (noise control system) derivative, Audi do not. The Audi and Jaguar tread patterns look totally different (The NCS, apparently, is the new design). The are in short supply and only sixty quid more! .... sellers market it would seem.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
As above, but make sure that they are Asymmetric 3 "J", not the 5's. Phil

Reactions: Matt(SB)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you all for your input, car booked in for next week gone for the MPS4S and a full alignment. Not sure what the bank manager is going to say but at least I will have a nicely booted Jag sat outside.........and as they say it is easier to say sorry than ask permission 😂

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Hopefully you'll be pleased with the four wheel alignment Matt, I was both times I've had it done.. tyres should be quieter either way... (y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Will let you know how it goes, using Xpress Garage in Falmouth as they seem to be the only Hunter alignment system in Cornwall. Not sure how true this is but most of the other places I looked at only do laser alignment and when I talked to them were not confident inspiring, hopefully made the right choice 🧐

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Think there's one in Bodmin too Matt, though that's a fair trek for you..

They also do road force balancing.. depending on how much you want to p1ss your money controller/bank manager off... :D

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Good ink tellmah!!.. (y)

·
18,706 Posts
I would go for the Goodyear . I have 2 sets of wheels the other set has MPS4s . Both are great but the Goodyear are quieter .
I'm a fan of the GY F1 A3 as well. Saying that, for not much more - you can get the MPS4s, and a bit more longevity.

Depends if you want longer life or quieter road noise.

I'm tempted to go for the GoodYears again for v3, but still keeping my eyes open for deals on the Michelin.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Michelin regularly do deals with £100 back on a four wheel purchase.. I normally buy mine when they're doing that and my friendly tyre smith then keep them in stock for me until I need them...

Not personally convinced about the extra longevity.. but the extra grip and 'sound quality' is justification enough for me... (y)

Reactions: Matt(SB)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm a fan of the GY F1 A3 as well. Saying that, for not much more - you can get the MPS4s, and a bit more longevity.

Depends if you want longer life or quieter road noise.

I'm tempted to go for the GoodYears again for v3, but still keeping my eyes open for deals on the Michelin.
Know what you mean it was a close decision, on this round the slightly better wear won it but the Michelin’s will be quieter than the Continentals I currently have, the GY could be next time 😀

21 - 40 of 46 Posts