Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
XF Portfolio 2.2d 2015
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!, I have just had a ludicrous conversation with Jardines in Tonbridge regarding the 80k-112k service for my 2015 XF Portfolio.
They've quoted £1012.00 for the service!
They seemed quite pleased with this and were a bit taken aback when I questioned it. They did say "well it does include changing the drive belt and wheel". So now I'm after a good independent garage to get a price for the drive belt (I'm assuming they mean the cam belt) and service. I'm currently at around 82k miles. They seemed a bit miffed when I complained about the price of a standard service, saying that they do use the finest Castrol oil as recommended by JLR. I countered with the fact the car doesn't take £500 worth of oil, and changing the filter and plugging it in to reset the "clocks" really doesn't warrant that kind of money.
So come on peeps, restore my faith in mechanics not technicians and point me at one in Kent, preferably not too far from Maidstone.
Thanking you all in advance......

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Greetings!, I have just had a ludicrous conversation with Jardines in Tonbridge regarding the 80k-112k service for my 2015 XF Portfolio.
They've quoted £1012.00 for the service!
They seemed quite pleased with this and were a bit taken aback when I questioned it. They did say "well it does include changing the drive belt and wheel". So now I'm after a good independent garage to get a price for the drive belt (I'm assuming they mean the cam belt) and service. I'm currently at around 82k miles. They seemed a bit miffed when I complained about the price of a standard service, saying that they do use the finest Castrol oil as recommended by JLR. I countered with the fact the car doesn't take £500 worth of oil, and changing the filter and plugging it in to reset the "clocks" really doesn't warrant that kind of money.
So come on peeps, restore my faith in mechanics not technicians and point me at one in Kent, preferably not too far from Maidstone.
Thanking you all in advance......
Is this the 3.0 diesel V6?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
No, the standard 2.2 diesel
That does seem a bit steep then.

I recently paid £980 for a cambelt service on a V6 diesel at an independent but that included a new stop/start battery.

I'm sure you'll get a better price at an independent. Unfortunately I can't recommend anyone as I'm on the other side of the country.

·
Registered
XF Portfolio 2.2d 2015
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, have found a main agent doing the 7 year service for £669, and they said it includes the drive belt, which I assume is the cam belt. Have it booked in for a couple of weeks time.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I'd check if I was you.

On my last bill I have been charged for a change of cambelt and drive belt.

To my mind the drive belt is for the alternator etc.

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, have found a main agent doing the 7 year service for £669, and they said it includes the drive belt, which I assume is the cam belt. Have it booked in for a couple of weeks time.
Highly doubt that'll cover the cam belt too. It'll be the ancillaries/serpentine belt which is easier to do and needs to be taken off anyway to do the cam belt.

·
Registered
XF Portfolio 2.2d 2015
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spoke to JLR Customer Relations to see when the cambelt should be replaced and was advised it's done on the 80k or 10yr service, and is included in the list of what's carried out but they refer to it as the timing belt and includes the crank wheel. Called the dealership back and they confirmed they will carry out the 80k service and it includes the timing belt and crank wheel. Didn't want to push it too much as I didn't want them to twig that the price quoted to me, and agreed upon, was very cheap 😁
Will update you once the service is done on 8th June.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts