Jaguar Forum banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Quick one for you SDD pros.
I finally received my MangoosePro cable and got it running with SDD in a Win 7 Pro VM.

The first time I connected the cable to my X260 today was without it connected to SDD. The car beeped a lot and flagged up that the following modules had been disabled:

All terrain Control
Power Steering Control
ABS module
Steering position Sensors
Pedestrian Impact Module

After a slight panic, I turned the car off, locked it and opened it after 10 mins, it had returned to normal.

Second time, connected to SDD this time, and following on screen instructions, the moment I plugged it in, the car threw the module errors again, but I was able to connect to the car and open the configuration, which I have saved down as a session. I did not have a power supply connected this time around, but the battery was fully green in SDD.

The modules also show up as error/disabled in SDD, but the rest of it seems to be reading the car OK.

So, should the cable do this or is it faulty?

I know I'm playing with fire a little here as I have no proper knowledge of how this should work, and I have no intention of making any changes without assistance, so any advice is gratefully received.

thx
Oh dear lord :O

First things first try and Clear all DTC codes

The first time I connected the cable to my X260 today was without it connected to SDD.
However, this concerns me alot without going into SDD it has disabled module? o_O

This sort of tells me something is up with the cable which may be forcing the modules to go into protective mode? This is just a guess I may be wrong.....

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Oh dear lord :O

First things first try and Clear all DTC codes

View attachment 181008

However, this concerns me alot without going into SDD it has disabled module? o_O
Yes KJ, just by plugging in the cable without it connected to the computer.

There are no DTC codes to clear as they are false errors. The car returns to normal after locking and unlocking it.

This is an SDD x260 so likely to react differently to an x250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts

There are no DTC codes to clear as they are false errors. The car returns to normal after locking and unlocking it.

Yeah it definitely sounds like Modules are going into protective mode.

SDD for x260 shouldn't be different as far as I know? Onotole should be able to confirm :)

·
Registered
276 Posts

As far as I know SDD supports JLR cars up to 2017. The panic situation that you mentioned happens to me but only after I upload CCF to car. It shouldn’t do anything without connecting to laptop. First time you connect you mangoose to laptop it should download the firmware compatible with your SDD. The driver should come with your installation files. If not download them from This site for free. If you download 64 driver you can run SDD on Windows 10. I run v159 on win 10. I suggest connecting the Mangoose first. Run mangoose prgtam update the firmware and then connect to the car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can't get under the car to do that right now - however I removed the cover from above the radiator pack so I could see down the front of the condenser - I cannot see a connector anywhere.

Looking at the engine fuse box - there should be a fuse 19 for ACC... but there is nothing in 19 on my car.

There's also no wire from the CJB (C3BP01G/5) which would go to the connector.

It looks like I'll need to make my own harness (as I needed to for the heated steering wheel, reverse camera and front parking sensors ).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
My car is MY2012 and have the harness for ACC, front parking sensors and reverse camera. You could see the connector for ACC by looking from lower grill just behind the number plate.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)

Just remove 13 pin on mongoose obd2 connector and enjoy) No more errors)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
As far as I know SDD supports JLR cars up to 2017. The panic situation that you mentioned happens to me but only after I upload CCF to car. It shouldn’t do anything without connecting to laptop. First time you connect you mangoose to laptop it should download the firmware compatible with your SDD. The driver should come with your installation files. If not download them from This site for free. If you download 64 driver you can run SDD on Windows 10. I run v159 on win 10. I suggest connecting the Mangoose first. Run mangoose prgtam update the firmware and then connect to the car.
The cable driver installed perfectly in Win 7 for me. The Drewtech firmware app that loads in recognises the cable OK, but that's very interesting about Win 10 - I'll try that thx.

Just remove 13 pin on mongoose obd2 connector and enjoy) No more errors)
I guess there is no harm in trying as it was a £30 cable from China and not a genuine one...
Thanks Onotole, how on earth do you get this knowledge? However you do, your help is appreciated :)

I've also had an email back from the vendor, I asked them last night to comment on this, so I'll see what they say before cutting that pin out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I remember @08292 saying to avoid non-genuine cables like the plague.

Yes and I will always support genuine cables. I use a genuine VCDS for VWAG cars and i am big into retrofits. However been using these AliExpress cable for now almost a year to support all my retrofit mods and it has never bricked the car. Onotole will confirm, it's the software which is more likely to brick the car than a good quality non-genuine cable.

I am sure we can all have lengthy debates about pros and cons of genuine and non genuine cables but you will be surprised alot of forum members on here are using non-genuine cables and their experience will suggest cable has never bricked their car. It's more likely to be corrupt software and in many cases incompetence to operate the software ;)

I am not supporting non-genuine cables but I personally didn't see the point of forking out £500+ for a drewtech cable and yes cable ONLY.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #134 (Edited)
I guess there is no harm in trying as it was a £30 cable from China and not a genuine one...
Thanks Onotole, how on earth do you get this knowledge? However you do, your help is appreciated :)
I've also had an email back from the vendor, I asked them last night to comment on this, so I'll see what they say before cutting that pin out.
this chinese mongoose works ok. your problem is that x260 (and other multican vehicles, not x250) has additional can bus wiring on 13 pin and mongoose crashes it when connected. you can also isolate this pin, or temporary remove it from car obd connector. it's a common bug. not a great problem)

·
Registered
235 Posts
My car is MY2012 and have the harness for ACC, front parking sensors and reverse camera. You could see the connector for ACC by looking from lower grill just behind the number plate.
I've yet to see another car like mine... I guess they were going for weight saving?

For the front parking sensors the only bit of wiring present was a short length from the passenger footwell through the bulkhead.

The reverse camera... there was a short FAKRA cable from the touchscreen to underneath the centre console - absolutely nothing else.

I now have a plan for the ACC wiring harness and will be making a start later today.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I've yet to see another car like mine... I guess they were going for weight saving?

For the front parking sensors the only bit of wiring present was a short length from the passenger footwell through the bulkhead.

The reverse camera... there was a short FAKRA cable from the touchscreen to underneath the centre console - absolutely nothing else.

I now have a plan for the ACC wiring harness and will be making a start later today.

here is acc connector. seen from bumper lower grille. i never saw x250 without it.

Reactions: googsy1

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
@Onotole
Also, for the x260 can ACC be enabled that will allow it to work down to a standstill?
How would this work in practice? I don't have acc but have stereo cameras presumably cars that had it from factory have a dedicated button? or does the existing buttons get programmed too to use this feature?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
@Onotole
Also, for the x260 can ACC be enabled that will allow it to work down to a standstill?
How would this work in practice? I don't have acc but have stereo cameras presumably cars that had it from factory have a dedicated button? or does the existing buttons get programmed too to use this feature?
on x260 acc already works to full stop. you need radar for this function. activate it as coomon cruise via buttons on steering wheel. extra buttons needed to adjust gap distance. also you will got emergency auto braking at high speed behind moving cars. it works without any buttons. stereo camera adds inteligent emergency braking behind stationary cars and pedestrians. you need to check IEB in assist menu. if it is not, you need to activate it with sdd. also you can activate lane keep assist and traffic sign recognititon. no extra buttons.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
on x260 acc already works to full stop. you need radar for this function. activate it as coomon cruise via buttons on steering wheel. extra buttons needed to adjust gap distance. also you will got emergency auto braking at high speed behind moving cars. it works without any buttons. stereo camera adds inteligent emergency braking behind stationary cars and pedestrians. you need to check IEB in assist menu. if it is not, you need to activate it with sdd. also you can activate lane keep assist and traffic sign recognititon. no extra buttons.
Ah didn't realise you need radar as well as cameras :( thank you.
Emergency braking at high speed sounds scary, I've already got that along with sign detection and lane assist

121 - 140 of 152 Posts