Jaguar Forum banner

101 - 120 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the info. My bumper looks different though and doesn’t have that cover. There is connector in the middle but no cover. The photo looks like XFR bumper.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thanks for the info. My bumper looks different though and doesn’t have that cover. There is connector in the middle but no cover. The photo looks like XFR bumper.
It is am XFR bumper and will be different, that's my point. If you have fitted an RS bumper you won't be able to get a grill with that flap, you'd have to either run it without a cutout and cover through the honeycomb (not sure if it would work) or make it fit.

If your car is facelift then the grill it goes through is the upper one I believe that isn't part of the bumper.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
On a 13 plate facelift Sportbrake with 'aero pack' as it's an 'S' it lives below the number plate, hence why you have wires there:

:)

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Onotole very interesting works you are doing. I have few questions if you don’t mind.
1-how you flash modules? Is it using SDD?

2-what is the difference between CCF and EUCD? For options that are available in both, which one should be changed?

3-for B&W audio, do you know which options should be used? I upgraded the IAM firmware and car now recognise it as a basic audio system. All extra speakers connected to the blue connector just make white noise.

4-where do you source ACC modules? The radar is available on ebay but I cannot find steering buttons, bracket and grill.

Thanks in advance
1. Yes
2. I don’t know any eucd) all changes made in ccf.
3.of course)
4. Ebay. Bought whole steering wheel with acc buttons. But, as i said before, acc works perfect without any extra buttons. New bracket is cheap enough.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
does it make a difference if my front bumper is upgraded to XFR-S?

also about the front lower grill, is the reason for replacement that it has a window where the radar is and it is covered with a specific material that won’t block the signal?
Radar will work if there are no metal parts in front of it. Plastic grill is not a problem. Btw, there is original radar cover from facelift. It is not expensive new.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Installed TPMS system. Works ok) All wirings except for rear ignitors already exists. Just plug and play)

Reactions: hamedhbb and PeteA

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Well done Onotole! :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great Job Onotole!
Also thanks for helping out with ccf edit! Restoring my mistakes was long, but at least its now working !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Would you mind listing all required part numbers? Thanks!
Got this parts long time ago, some from junkyard. So i didn't remember pn. You need:
1 ECU
1 receiving antenna
4 ignitors
4 wheel sensors
2 brackets for rear ignitors
2 wires for rear ignitors

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here is acc radar connector
Hey @Onotole - I'm unable to find this connector on my 2012 XF (unsurprising really - it's missing lots of bits of wiring harness compared to other cars I've seen).

Should I be able to see this with the bumper still on?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
For the guys that have had the ACC updated to work from standstill, what did you need at your end to allow Onotole to assist you via TeamViewer?

Thanks,
David.

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
Also, for the x260 can ACC be enabled that will allow it to work down to a standstill?
How would this work in practice? I don't have acc but have stereo cameras presumably cars that had it from factory have a dedicated button? or does the existing buttons get programmed too to use this feature?

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey @Onotole - I'm unable to find this connector on my 2012 XF (unsurprising really - it's missing lots of bits of wiring harness compared to other cars I've seen).

Should I be able to see this with the bumper still on?

Hey Jim if you remove the weather shield / oil tray from underneath the car and radiator cover behind it, you will be able to see or have access to the crash bar. I believe the connector or the wire harness should be plugged into a blank connector in the crash bar or somewhere around it. If I recall correctly your car is a 2012 model? Highly doubt you will have the harness in place? 2014 / 2015 models were the main models that came with harness in place for hardware retrofit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey Jim if you remove the weather shield / oil tray from underneath the car and radiator cover behind it, you will be able to see or have access to the crash bar. I believe the connector or the wire harness should be plugged into a blank connector in the crash bar or somewhere around it. If I recall correctly your car is a 2012 model? Highly doubt you will have the harness in place? 2014 / 2015 models were the main models that came with harness in place for hardware retrofit.
I can't get under the car to do that right now - however I removed the cover from above the radiator pack so I could see down the front of the condenser - I cannot see a connector anywhere.

Looking at the engine fuse box - there should be a fuse 19 for ACC... but there is nothing in 19 on my car.

There's also no wire from the CJB (C3BP01G/5) which would go to the connector.

It looks like I'll need to make my own harness (as I needed to for the heated steering wheel, reverse camera and front parking sensors ).

·
Registered
373 Posts
I can't get under the car to do that right now - however I removed the cover from above the radiator pack so I could see down the front of the condenser - I cannot see a connector anywhere.

Looking at the engine fuse box - there should be a fuse 19 for ACC... but there is nothing in 19 on my car.

There's also no wire from the CJB (C3BP01G/5) which would go to the connector.

It looks like I'll need to make my own harness (as I needed to for the heated steering wheel, reverse camera and front parking sensors ).

:(

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Quick one for you SDD pros.
I finally received my MangoosePro cable and got it running with SDD in a Win 7 Pro VM.

The first time I connected the cable to my X260 today was without it connected to SDD. The car beeped a lot and flagged up that the following modules had been disabled:

All terrain Control
Power Steering Control
ABS module
Steering position Sensors
Pedestrian Impact Module

After a slight panic, I turned the car off, locked it and opened it after 10 mins, it had returned to normal.

Second time, connected to SDD this time, and following on screen instructions, the moment I plugged it in, the car threw the module errors again, but I was able to connect to the car and open the configuration, which I have saved down as a session. I did not have a power supply connected this time around, but the battery was fully green in SDD.

The modules also show up as error/disabled in SDD, but the rest of it seems to be reading the car OK.

So, should the cable do this or is it faulty?

I know I'm playing with fire a little here as I have no proper knowledge of how this should work, and I have no intention of making any changes without assistance, so any advice is gratefully received.

thx

101 - 120 of 193 Posts