Jaguar Forum banner
341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Glad you are still enjoying your XFR. I half wish I’d kept my XFR when I purchased my F-Pace SVR (I did seriously consider doing so at the time but hard to justify). Mad thing is it would probably be worth more now than back when I sold it!
My only negative for the XFR was a lack of practicality (hence the F-Pace now because the kids hated the look of the XFRS hearse-brake) but I remember thinking the XFR is otherwise perfect when you factor in costs etc
F-Pace is fully paid up so might just keep this one forever.
Might have to copy Chris and get an iPace to go alongside but Tesla Plaid looks like fun…

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Well it is over 9 years since I got bitten by the XFR bug. First one I owned was a MY11 Ultimate Black one. Drove it for 2 1/2 years and then P/Xd it for my brand new MY15 Italian Racing Red one. Over 7 years later I still love her and enjoy the noise and driving experience. I have no plans to change, even if I could find something to replace her. With only 41,000 miles on her, it should be OK for a good few years yet.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,943 Posts
Some of you will know of HiltonJag, an XF YouTuber.
Anyway my old XFR features in one of his latest vids, from the 13 minute mark.
The footage was sent to Hilton by the current owner, the same bloke I sold it to some four years ago now and it's obvious he is really looking after it.
I still miss that car!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
It's incredible to believe, however, June 2022 marks 4 years since I collected the XFR.

I've been looking at all sorts (Again, nothing new there) and have come to the conclusion that there is still nothing that offers the same package as the XFR at the price point that the XFR offers it at. I've looked at F-Type SVR, V8 Vantage (wanted one for years), Giulia Quadrifoglio, Range Rovers (possibly go to 1 modern car) and generally cannot find anything that I want.

The other problem is, I actually get upset at the idea of selling my XFR and SWMBO says there's no way I'm keeping it and buying something else.

So, to mark 4 years I've decided to do a light restoration on the Jag (if it can be called that).

There's a few jobs I'm going to get done for preventative maintenance whilst it's in getting the Supercharger coupler done in a few weeks time.

Spark Plugs
Gearbox Service
Supercharger Oil (whilst charger is removed)
Coolant pipe that runs beneath charger

None of it is essential but it'll keep it in tip top shape.

Then once that lot has been addresses I'm going to do a few cosmetic jobs.

Front end respray to get rid of stone chips
Caliper refurb as the paint is starting to look scruffy
Wheel refurb as the diamond cut lip on 2 wheels is going cloudy
Full paint correction and ceramic coating (takes 3 days apparently)

Once that's been done I'm going to keep her for the long haul I reckon :) I still smile every time I start her, I still look back every time I park her, and genuinely feel attached to it so have come to the conclusion that there's no point selling it.

Pictures... just because :D

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Then once all that's done, hopefully an end of summer road trip :)

David.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I'm looking forwards to the workshop pics of work to come, especially the supercharger off jobs. :)

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
They won't be getting done by me I'm afraid.

The XFR is still under Jaguar warranty so won't be my problem :D

The charger needs to come off to do the coupler so whilst they warranty company are paying to remove it I'm hoping to be able to pay the additional labour to do a few jobs whilst it's out of the way.

Reactions: Rigger

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
I was heading up to see my Dad last night and ended up behind a 13 plate XF-R for a mile or two through the back streets.
I turned the music off and wound the windows down a bit to enjoy the V8 goodness.
He /She wasn't hanging around even though we only doing 30 mph, lots of revs being applied.
Glorious :)

·
21,253 Posts
It's incredible to believe, however, June 2022 marks 4 years since I collected the XFR.

I've been looking at all sorts (Again, nothing new there) and have come to the conclusion that there is still nothing that offers the same package as the XFR at the price point that the XFR offers it at. I've looked at F-Type SVR, V8 Vantage (wanted one for years), Giulia Quadrifoglio, Range Rovers (possibly go to 1 modern car) and generally cannot find anything that I want.

The other problem is, I actually get upset at the idea of selling my XFR and SWMBO says there's no way I'm keeping it and buying something else.

So, to mark 4 years I've decided to do a light restoration on the Jag (if it can be called that).

There's a few jobs I'm going to get done for preventative maintenance whilst it's in getting the Supercharger coupler done in a few weeks time.

Spark Plugs
Gearbox Service

Once that's been done I'm going to keep her for the long haul I reckon :) I still smile every time I start her, I still look back every time I park her, and genuinely feel attached to it so have come to the conclusion that there's no point selling it.

View attachment 189907

View attachment 189906

View attachment 189908

David.
What happened to the 575 wish list? ;)

Still - joking aside, Its more than evident why you want to keep the XFR :)

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
The 575 is still on the Wishlist :) I'll keep looking but it could be ages before a VB one comes up for sale.

Doing all this to mine will keep it nice and the value up for trade in time too :D

By the time one comes up I might even be able to hide the XFR from the wife too!

Reactions: Rigger and ChrisSB

·
Registered
324 Posts

Spark Plugs
Gearbox Service

View attachment 189907

View attachment 189906

View attachment 189908

David.
looking great mate, i really need to get mine de-chromed.
i 100% agree that nothing offers what the xfr does for the same price. im one month into mine and im still totally blown away by how good it is. the only other car that does it for me is an f10 m5 but a comp pack 15 plate is now around £37k so i would rather keep the xfr and have an extra £10k in the bank.

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
You'd miss it sorely if it went, like you say what else is there that's worth changing for?

·
21,253 Posts
You'd miss it sorely if it went, like you say what else is there that's worth changing for?
Oh he knows - I think he's wary of getting thumped over the head from his missus ;)

• Haha

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,943 Posts
"....Coolant pipe that runs beneath charger".
While you are at it do them all. All the coolant pipes and tubes that is. Plus the coolant pump and the thermostat.
Many of out merican friends swear by doing the whole lot, coz as soon as you replace one the stress moves to the next weakest chain in the link and before you know it thar she blows.
There is another cross over pipe under the SC at the rear which is notorious for splitting/leaking/cracking and don't forget the big cross over pipe top front of the engine. Plus the expansion tank tube(s) and possibly the tank itself.
Also consider replacing/renewing other common failure points such as the hp fuel pumps and the SC belt tensioner. And the SC drive belt which I presume will be renewed anyway as part of the SC service.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
Facebook memories has shown me this picture that was taken 4 years ago today :)

Tableware Drinkware Stemware Cocktail Drinking establishment

This was taken in the bar at Glasgow Airport as we waited for our 20:50 flight from Glasgow to Luton.

Can anyone remember where we were going? :D

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Facebook memories has shown me this picture that was taken 4 years ago today :)

View attachment 193106

This was taken in the bar at Glasgow Airport as we waited for our 20:50 flight from Glasgow to Luton.

Can anyone remember where we were going? :D
Was it the Jag dealership on Park Lane?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Not quite :D

Berkley Street in Mayfair!

Can't believe it's 4 years ago already!

Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
And to mark 4 years to the day, she's now booked in on 6th July for a Service, Gearbox Service, Supercharger snout coupler, Tracking check and a good once over :)

MOT expires on Friday before I could get it booked in so she's getting MOT'd tomorrow prior to the service too.

Collection day pictures - just because 😍

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

David.

341 - 360 of 383 Posts