Jaguar Forum banner
321 - 340 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
I went into Parts to buy a set but they only had 4 normal nuts in stock.

I’m tempted not to bother as you never hear of wheels getting stolen these days. On the other hand there’s near a grands worth of tyres and wheels are 800 quid each so I’m thinking that they might well be worth it.

I’ve read that some of these nuts snap and my drivers front locker was rough when I removed it yesterday so I’m not that upset that they’ve gone just now.

David.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I've removed the lockers from both my Jags. The cars are insured against theft so if some scroat did steal the wheels, I'd be covered, no doubt a premium hike though. But as you say, seems rare for wheels to be removed today, they're more than likely to cut off the catalytic converters.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
I too once left the lock nut on a wheel and went for a test drive after fitting new brakes. Realised what I'd done when I got home so set off to walk the 3-mile route I'd just driven. As I walked back onto my drive 45 minutes later, I spotted it on the pavement opposite!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
Well, I now have a locking wheel nut key again... it was on the side of the country lane that I went on... unfortunately, Parks binned the lockers 🙈

Feeling a bit of a plonker tonight...

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Oh well, worst things happen.

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well, I now have a locking wheel nut key again... it was on the side of the country lane that I went on... unfortunately, Parks binned the lockers

Feeling a bit of a plonker tonight...

View attachment 185853
Not a D by any chance? I have a set of D locking nuts and key sat in the garage if you want 'em...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
It was a C. Will send you a PM about yours :)

David.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Living in Scotland takes it toll on cars, especially if they’re used during the winter when there’s loads of salt on the roads. With this in mind, I’ve been thinking for a while about having some of the cars under sealed. These guys are 10 minutes from home and have a good reputation.

I’m tempted to go and get a quote to have the XFR and my C6 done to stop them getting attacked by salt. I’ve not used the XFR since October this year to try and keep it out of the salt but sitting around hasn’t done the brakes any favours either.

Decisions, decisions.

David.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
At this very moment in time, 3 years ago today my wife and I were sat in the showroom at Stratstone Jaguar in Mayfair collecting my XFR.

I can't believe it's 3 years ago already! Time flies when you're having fun!

Other then the teething problems we encountered when we got it, it's been a fantastic car and has required very little since :)

David.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
I’ve been without my XFR for 10 days as I sent it in to get a few bits of bodywork sorted out. Namely the rust on the bottom of the front wing right behind the wheel and there was a bit on the bottom of the front door that was annoying me. I’d also managed to scuff the rear quarter so wanted that fixing primarily.

Anyway, driving it home after 10 days away made me remember why I love the car. This is the longest I’ve kept a car and I really can’t see me wanting to change it any time soon :)

Parked in the sun today I’ve been admiring the purples, golds, and the general sparkle of Stratus Grey which in Scotland spends most of it’s time looking black!

David.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Looking fantastic David. I know what you mean about length of ownership. Had mine for 8+ years now and still love the looks and the way it drives. Never had a car for so long ever!

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
It's refreshing to hear how happy some of us are with our Jags as an antidote to all the "never again"s that seem to populate this forum lately.

·
Administrator
29,404 Posts
It's refreshing to hear how happy some of us are with our Jags as an antidote to all the "never again"s that seem to populate this forum lately.
Jaguar haven’t helped by trying to squeeze everyone into a 2.0 litre 4 pot.

·
Administrator
29,404 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
It's a hard car to beat for sure. I had a spin in a local RS6 that was possibly for sale. An amazing car for sure but as it would cost my car plus £20k I could not see the value to me personally.

The XFR is an old girl but she doesn't get used much and what she provides in smiles per miles is such tremendous value.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
If my XFR was my only car then I could possibly see the point in spending a lot more to replace it if I was looking.

However, as it’s one of 5, and when you look at what she offers as a package for what she’s worth it’s impossible to get anywhere near it IMO.

3.5 years on and mine still makes me giggle at cold start, smile when cruising on the motorway and giggle when you floor it.

It’s a great all round package and will handle the commute, a weekend away or a fun drive in one without being out of place doing any of the above. I also like how understated it is compared to most other things with that performance.

321 - 340 of 383 Posts