281 - 300 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
5th amendment?... ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
My front left outer kept playing up when it rained, sensor was clear but it kept reading constantly.
Luckily you only have to get your hand in from the arch liner

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
The XFR seems to be behaving itself perfectly at the moment. I'm hoping to get my Speedpack splitters back from paint next week and get them refitted. I'd forgotten I'd dropped them off and the paint guy had forgotten to do them so they've been gathering dust in his place for a while now. He's only 10 mins away and is very reasonable so I'm not loosing to much sleep over it.

Seeing as I have a complete lack of self control and constantly find myself looking on AutoTrader, I've been looking at XJR 575's this week.

There's a lovely Loire Blue one on the Jaguar Approved website just now. 2 years old, 11k miles and it's down to £44,950. New, without any options on them, they were £93k starting. The one they have has a few options on it so it's lost more then 50% in 2 years and 11k miles.

Most of the cars I own at the moment are very dark in colour and are a nightmare to keep them all looking spot on so I don't want anything as dark as Loire Blue. My ideal one would be Velocity Blue which was an SVO Paint Option on the 575.

Thankfully, I don't recall ever seeing a Velocity Blue 575 for sale which means I'm probably safe from the wife and my wallet is safe for now! I still love the XFR and don't really have any intentions of changing it, but... y'know...

David.

·
Super Moderator
27,363 Posts
Do it. Velocity Blue is very similar to Ultra Blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
I need to find one first, preferably not one of VB press cars either! :D

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
18,733 Posts
As much as I dislike blue, I could probably live with that given what the car is. :cool:
It is my intention to treat myself to an "R" or even a 575 when I retire in about 12 months. Should be a bit cheaper by then. :sneaky:

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
The XFR seems to be behaving itself perfectly at the moment. I'm hoping to get my Speedpack splitters back from paint next week and get them refitted. I'd forgotten I'd dropped them off and the paint guy had forgotten to do them so they've been gathering dust in his place for a while now. He's only 10 mins away and is very reasonable so I'm not loosing to much sleep over it.

Seeing as I have a complete lack of self control and constantly find myself looking on AutoTrader, I've been looking at XJR 575's this week.

There's a lovely Loire Blue one on the Jaguar Approved website just now. 2 years old, 11k miles and it's down to £44,950. New, without any options on them, they were £93k starting. The one they have has a few options on it so it's lost more then 50% in 2 years and 11k miles.

Most of the cars I own at the moment are very dark in colour and are a nightmare to keep them all looking spot on so I don't want anything as dark as Loire Blue. My ideal one would be Velocity Blue which was an SVO Paint Option on the 575.

View attachment 182386

View attachment 182385

Thankfully, I don't recall ever seeing a Velocity Blue 575 for sale which means I'm probably safe from the wife and my wallet is safe for now! I still love the XFR and don't really have any intentions of changing it, but... y'know...

David.
That would be very hard to resist.. funds allowing... :cool:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
For the first time in months today I was out in the XFR without the wife at my side and I fell in love with the XFR again.

Certainly not looking to run out and change the car but if that illustrious 575 turns up, I'd be sorely tempted.

David.

Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Spent a few hours giving the XFR a damn good clean today as it hadn’t been done for a while and it was filthy. I’d forgotten just how amazing the metallic flake is in Stratus Grey. There’s gold, green, purple, and all sorts in it. 😍

I’ve decided I’m going to get my wheels all done in one colour as the diamond cut lip is a pain in the backside. I like the original colour so I’m going to get them all done in the original colour I think.

David.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Looking pretty Damn Fine David!!... :cool:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
I seem to be totally unable to walk past my car without stopping and taking pictures of it these days. 2.5 years on I‘m still not fed up looking at it. 😍

·
Super Moderator
27,363 Posts
You’ve washed the number plate off.

·
Administrator
27,985 Posts
And I always thought you would be the first to do that Chris, lol.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Well, it's only taken 2.5 years (still can't believe I've had the XFR 2.5 years) but I've bought a Spires exhaust.

It's being delivered via Shiply to a friend of mine down south so I can collect it when I go to fetch the Draco wheel I've bought.

Just need lockdown to finish now! I've never heard a Spires exhaust up close so I'm a bit like a kid at Christmas listening to YouTube videos all over the place.

I think it's got the straight cut tips on it so I'm going to see if I can change them for the slash cut type ones to match the originals but other then that I'm really pleased. Apparently it was only on a car for a year.

David.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Time flies! It is a very worthwhile addition and that's the gripe I have with mine, want the slash but have straight

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Well, thanks to the Shiply driver, my exhaust is now at my friends garage in Welwyn Garden City along with my Draco wheel.

I need to try and get down to collect it but with all of the local restrictions it's a nightmare. I can't even go to my usual MOT station as it's in Tier 3 and I'm in Tier 4 of Nicola's finely laid tiers 🙄

David.

·
Super Moderator
27,363 Posts
Well, thanks to the Shiply driver, my exhaust is now at my friends garage in Welwyn Garden City along with my Draco wheel.

I need to try and get down to collect it but with all of the local restrictions it's a nightmare. I can't even go to my usual MOT station as it's in Tier 3 and I'm in Tier 4 of Nicola's finely laid tiers

David.
She always has to go one more than Boris.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
With everything... whatever Boris says, 2 weeks later she tries to "One Up" him. It's embarrassing... 🙈 I don't know whose government they are... but they're certainly not mine!

Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
I’ve got a week off soon, and I’d quite like to cross the border to Galloway Forest Park, for star gazing with the kids.

Please can Wee Jim fix it for me to cross the border?

281 - 300 of 303 Posts