Jaguar Forum banner

241 - 260 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Nope. I paid a few quid extra over a single adjustment at the time and it included 7 adjustments over 2 years so I'm quite chuffed I read through the paperwork as I'd totally forgotten about it!

David.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
The MPS 4S do take a little while to run in, more so than other tyres from what I remember.

Also always worth checking the Michelin promo page to see what offers they have on at the time - and checking which retailers are eligible on that promo site.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Cracking result then David! (y)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
These turned up 30 minutes ago :D

Jordan had recommended a tub of Wurth Plastic Dye that arrived in the post this morning as well so I got cracking!

Here's one dyed and one normal. The dye still looks shiny as it was wet.

If you're not looking closely, one coat would do the trick but it's not quite perfect so I'll let them dry and give them a 2nd coat. If they dry quickly enough and the weather holds I might even get them fitted tonight :D

David.

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Looking good, if you want them dry get the hair dryer out! Assuming it has the speed and heat adjustments, low speed low heat. Slow arm speed over the top about 8 inches away, move between them.

Be dry in a couple of minutes ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Thanks Jordan, it's fairly warm here today anyway so they're drying in a couple of minutes. How many coats did yours need before they were a good match?

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Mine is a bit hard to gauage because I did the several coats of anthracite then realised match was no good!

I did 2 coats of black, I would say 2 coats of black would be fine

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
They’re done :) The colour match from that Wurth Black Plastic Dye is superb. It’s also very easy to use.

Pictures: (Ignore the fact it desperately needs hoovered!)

BBACE7E4-C855-4ACD-B31F-C569A4FACC3A.jpeg

I’m really pleased with how they look when you open the door. They were fairly straight forward to install as well.

I had it out for a quick run tonight too. It’s the first time I’ve driven it since fitting the aluminium paddles. What a difference when compared to the plastic ones! They feel a million times better!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Two subtle but very worthwhile upgrades David.. having done both I know how much better they both make the car 'feel'... (y)

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
2010 XFR Ultimate Black
1,325 Posts
Nice work David (y)

All of my current non maintenance jobs left are the small things that make subtle differences like this...

Have anything planned?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
My car has most things on it tbh. It’s a very high spec one so there’s not much to do.

My Speed pack front splitters are in for painting at the moment as I was stupid in the Costco carpark. I was judging the parking space using the hedge but didn’t realise the hedge was 2 feet behind the kerb and it scuffed my splitter.

I thought about retrofitting the TV but think it is a complete waste of time and I’m now torn between the heated steering wheel or a reshaped one.

It could probably do with a light paint correction again as it’s 2 years since the last one was done. I’m not brave enough to do that myself though, I’ll send it to my mate who does it.

I’m on the lookout for a Spires or Varex exhaust but there’s not much about at the moment.

David.

·
Registered
398 Posts
@dhallworth did you buy them brand new? Also where you bought them from and how much were they?

Edit.......

If you only I had searched for it 🤪

They retail at £334 + VAT each. I was offered them for £150 + VAT each.

If anybody wants them, I'm happy to put you in touch with the dealer.

David.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
@dhallworth did you buy them brand new? Also where you bought them from and how much were they?

Edit.......

If you only I had searched for it 🤪
Is it the carbon fibre bits that you're after? I didn't buy them and my local dealer still has them in stock. Am happy to put you in touch with them if you'd like.

David.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Well, Saturday morning finally came, and finally, we're now in a Dunlop free zone!

I got to Kwik Fit in Paisley at 08:30 and they got to work.

They put the car on the 4 post ramp and hung the tracking gauges for the Hunter wheel alignment machine on it but for some reason the machine wouldn't pick up the sensors so it needs to go back to get the wheel alignment checked at some point.

Thankfully they've managed to get the tyres on without marking any of the wheels. I don't mind cleaning the goo off them but would have been upset if they'd damaged the wheel :)

Just on the way home from Kwik Fit, even before I'd reached the motorway you could tell there was a big difference. Once on the motorway they were quieter. Saturday afternoon saw us have a trip to Inverarary to see friends we've not seen since December for a cuppa in the garden. On the A83 which is a fast flowing A road with a few spots for overtaking you could feel a massive difference in the behaviour of the car. The front feels much grippier. It now gives the confidence to push it and drive it like a 500bhp car should be driven.

For anybody having any doubt, don't fit anything other then Pilot Sport 4S's! When comparing them to things like the Dunlops they're not even that expensive.

One thing Kwik Fit did say is that the Dunlops looked like they'd been run over pressure. I always set them to the correct pressure as per the sticker on the A pillar. Has anybody else had issues like this?

David.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Just on the way home from Kwik Fit, even before I'd reached the motorway you could tell there was a big difference. Once on the motorway they were quieter.
New tyres are always quieter than the old, worn ones.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
My tyres were 2 years old but weren't worn to the limits. The rears were down to around 3-4mm and the fronts were much better according to the bloke in Kwik Fit.

They asked me why I was changing when I went back in as they thought Dunlops were good tyres! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Ar$e...

I decided I'd wash my wheels tonight to get the tyre paste off them as it was irritating me. Unfortunately, what was being hidden under the tyre paste is irritating me an awful lot more then the paste was.

On one of the wheels they have taken chunks out of the lacquer on the diamond cut lip and on two of the wheels they have gouged the diamond cut bit.

So much for "You can't get better then a Kwik Fit fitter..."

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Kwik Fit are renowned for such things unfortunately.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The problem is proving it wasn't there before and then getting them to cough up for a refurb.

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 303 Posts