Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
XF R-sport 2017MY 2.0d with winter pack.
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May interest someone….cars I’ve owned over the years and some info about them.

Pre passing my driving test. First 2 cars were intended projects which didn’t happen when I was about 17/18.

VW Beetle (bought for £20 from Kings Heath. Needed some work, it did run and drive, but I lacked space so gave it away)
Hillman imp (rust bucket sadly beyond repair….sold for parts?)
Various motorbikes
Reliant Robin 750 (upgraded to 850 model)
Reliant Robin 850 ( Bought damaged and rebuilt with new front end, galvanised chassis and rear lights from a 2CV. Found it upside down one morning due to the local drunks, but it hadn’t really been damaged!)
Post passing driving test.

Saab 99 (Brother had owned originally. Very comfortable, but had engine issues and lacked power, tended to overheat)
Allegro 1.5 twin carb blue metallic paint( was restored by my brother, nice motor, sold for a profit due to classic car status)
Rover 216 Honda engine (Broke down a few yards from home due to faulty distributor pickup, easy fix, £100…sold as started to rust, parts were expensive.)
Citroen BX GTi 1.9 black petrol (Brilliant fun car, but loved fuel!)
Citroen BX 1.4 red petrol (gearbox rebuilt in shed)
Citroen Xantia white ( new battery due to alarm kept sounding)
Citroen Xantia Green (hadn’t been well kept by previous owners and had various little parts broken so sold)
Citroen Xantia SX 110 Blue (Nice motor, but started to suffer with rust)
Rover 75 diesel (Broke down due to plenum full of water which soaked the ECU. They would block with leaves. Was OK when dried out, but I sold it due to it’s poor handling)
Freelander 1 1.8 petrol (Underpowered and had had an incorrect thermostat upgrade by Land Rover dealer in Stratford-on-Avon, but I sorted that myself…..used too much fuel!)
Freelander 2 2.2 diesel 2007( Started to show some small rust areas so sold, but a very good reliable car.)
Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 2004 (Really liked this car, but rusty rear chassis, typical of these, so sold)
Range Rover Sport 2011 facelift with active ride ( needed some work to active suspension and expensive to tax and insure, so sold, but a nice motor)
Volvo V90 r-design 2018 (only kept for 3 months….not liked, build quality seemed lacking and too low)
Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.0d 2017 (Nice motor, but fairly pricey to tax and insure and due to high resale values I decided to sell. Poor on the motorway due to 9 speed gearbox which resulted in a slight engine vibration at 70mph)
Jaguar XF 2.0d 2017 R-sport (So far so good, good on fuel 60mpg on motorway, cheap tax and reasonable insurance. Keeping my eye on the Ingenium diesel due to known issues with cam chain. Boot could be better so I may look to change to a sportbrake.)
Would love another Range Rover Sport, or full-sized Range Rover when I win the lottery!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts