Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thought it was time for a bit of an update….

Good news is I am still loving the I-Pace :)

Now done over 8,500 miles and only one problem of note - but not a Jaguar one, bolt through the tire so one new tyre needed, was impressed with the TPMS and the stability of the car - I managed to avoid using the gunk and kept it inflated enough to get home and have it replaced.

Range in the warm weather continues to impress me, long trips (100m+) aren’t a problem and I’ve done round trips of 250 miles+ in a day (yesterday was round trip to Bristol) with a small top up charge if potentially on the limit.

Range estimate at the moment is over 280 miles and after a run of 135 miles I will see circa 55% left. Typically seeing over 3mi/kWh with 3.4 yesterday on a 108 mile A-road and M-Way steady cruise back from Bristol so very happy.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Today is another “long” run up to Leeds at 135 miles and a handy free charger gets me back to nearly 100% for the return tomorrow.

Even my wife is a potential convert - after initially saying no way she’s now ”window shopping” EV’s as I pointed out she would wait a year for many of them.

Although I may need to invest in Solar and Battery storage 1st given the energy prices 😬

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Wow! To get that efficiency you’ll have to drive it at 55mph! Patience and time on your hands!
I am not the fastest driver but can’t still get my head around the use and meaning of my I-Pace :)
I have got 400hp I can’t use the horses because they’ll drain all the energy. I have to drive it slowly to arrive at destination.
driving 70/80mph, overtaking up to 90mph I get 150miles. That’s the way I want to drive all my cars. Expecially when you pay 70 grand.
Tried for curiosity Tesla 3 and I can get at least 200 miles off it. If it wasn’t ugly, boring and uncomfortable… :)

• Haha
Reactions: OBC John

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
We get around 240 miles range, less on a long run. But we do drive it like a normal car. We don't hang about.

Reactions: OBC John

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
Model 3 …. Drive it like you stole it & still get 240 miles (& 9 points on your license).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wow! To get that efficiency you’ll have to drive it at 55mph! Patience and time on your hands!
I am not the fastest driver but can’t still get my head around the use and meaning of my I-Pace :)
I have got 400hp I can’t use the horses because they’ll drain all the energy. I have to drive it slowly to arrive at destination.
driving 70/80mph, overtaking up to 90mph I get 150miles. That’s the way I want to drive all my cars. Expecially when you pay 70 grand.
Tried for curiosity Tesla 3 and I can get at least 200 miles off it. If it wasn’t ugly, boring and uncomfortable… :)
I tend to average 65+ on my trips if it’s more motorway, lower if it’s A roads and traffic. Slightly less speed seems to make a big difference, even cruising around 70 rather than 75 - but I still like to use the power to get past things ;)

I do use the active cruise a lot which I do think helps as well.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Model 3 …. Drive it like you stole it & still get 240 miles (& 9 points on your license).

I collected my new Model 3 Performance the other day. They had fully charged it for me as I had requested. In order to use Tesla Superchargers you have to register it with the new V5; obviously not with me for a few days. I decided to drive home with no charging. Initially the car suggested this was a terrible idea and that I would HAVE to charge. I went at 65-68mph and got home with 16% left.

For the electro-geeks out there, it managed 4.23 miles per kWh. The journey used 57kWh of electricity. The equivalent cost on my current tariff comes in at £2.85. In future, on a similar trip, I rather spend an extra pound I think!! So, it would have done 300 miles using the 'full tank'. Keighley to Clevedon is 243 miles.

As an aside I promised myself 2 things - I'd never buy another black car (I had a black SV8 a few years ago), and I'd never buy a car from Keighley (look at Autohub reviews!). Whoops!! Don't worry, it wasn't from Autohub!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
Nice run down to Northampton tomorrow morning.... longest run out in the new one, so far.
Probably have to top up at Rugby on the way back.
Definitely charging up to 100% tonight.

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
I haven’t found the I-PACE very economical. But still good enough for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Avantime

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Here’s on of last weeks journeys as a comparison - more motorway but quite a few 60 limits On the M1 ”managed motorway”, the Bristol trips were slower by comparison due to A roads and traffic.

Map World Font Line Parallel

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
I don’t think it shows that as a power figure, but you can see a graph in the car showing braking impact on the power usage. Just like turning up the AC or using excessive speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
164 miles since last charge
39kWh
237Wh/mi.

3499 miles
924kWh
264 Wh/miles average

·
Registered
23,875 Posts
I get the impression that all you EV owners are hyper-miling. Where's the fun in that? ;)

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
I get the impression that all you EV owners are hyper-miling. Where's the fun in that? ;)
I'm definitely not. Just get in and drive it like normal.

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
The definition of hypermiling is all relative. All these EV owners are probably not getting overtaken by anything let alone an XJ.😀

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
Judging by my trip on Friday, many cars are sitting at 60-65. Also very few tanking along at 80+.
The motorway speed has dropped dramatically since fuel hit £1.90/litre. Traffic volume seems to be down as well.

Reactions: Avantime

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
The definition of hypermiling is all relative. All these EV owners are probably not getting overtaken by anything let alone an XJ.😀
I was getting passed by several EVs on my journey to Stoke.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
with much of the M6 North of Birmingham to around Haydock ( both ways) being littered with Av speed cameras at 60mph limits its hardly surprising.

·
Registered
23,875 Posts
If we're on a motorway, I'll be passing all the EVs at some point. Won't I? 😀

And whenever I pass (or get passed by) an EV, there's always an associated strange squeaking sound which I've figured out to be butt-cheeks clenching. :LOL:

41 - 60 of 89 Posts