Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
I travel from North Lincs to Halifax every day which is 60 miles each way & probably encompasses some of your route? The outbound journey averages 340 Wh/mile & the return leg 270 Wh/mile. The difference in consumption is due to the elevation change which is around 1500ft.

The worst journey was last Saturday morning - driving through slush & an Arwen headwind resulted in a record 450 Wh/mile despite a lower than average speed, a preheated cabin & a preconditioned battery!

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
340miles/kWh? That’s some efficiency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
It's now done 11,825 miles with a metered consumption of 3792 kWh ... 0.320 kWh/mile.

How does that compare to the iPace?

·
Registered
23,875 Posts
Is there no standardised terminology for expressing the efficiency of an EV? kW/mile. miles/kW. Charges/lifetime. Payments/quarter. (Has anyone actually bought one of these yet?).
Come on! Get yer act together. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
I'm getting 3.57 miles per kW on average over the last 6250 miles / 6 months. This will drop for the winter!
According to my car I get 3.35 miles per kWh. However, I meter the supply to the charging pod & that's saying 3.125 miles per kWh - the difference will be inverter losses & cabin/battery preconditioning.

Reactions: Avantime

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
Is there no standardised terminology for expressing the efficiency of an EV? kW/mile. miles/kW. Charges/lifetime. Payments/quarter. (Has anyone actually bought one of these yet?).
Come on! Get yer act together. :rolleyes:
miles/kWh is in the lead followed by Wh/mile.

God knows how you figure out the consumption of a plug in hybrid. :unsure:

I've bought mine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It's now done 11,825 miles with a metered consumption of 3792 kWh ... 0.320 kWh/mile.

How does that compare to the iPace?
Too soon to tell long term but suspect it will average higher than that - 0.333 kWh/mile is one of the best trips so far, I’ve only done 477 miles so far.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Having passed 1000 miles today I thought I would post an update on how I have found it so far etc.

I’ve managed two good test trips (Leeds 260 odd miles round trip and Manchester similar distance) including some public charging - range anxiety wasn’t a big issue except for the return leg of the Manchester trip where it was down to 8% / 20 odd miles when I got home.

I’ve been pleased with the range which in the cold weather is around 230 miles so plenty for most journeys - efficiency seems to be typically around 37-38.5KWh per 100 miles or 2.6-2.7miles per KWh, which given I am still enjoying the performance I think is good.

The tech seems to be a big step forward and works well - pivi pro is a massive improvement over ICTP and the new dash and satellite map views are very good - HUD has also been a bit of a surprise, firstly because I didn’t expect to get it but also mainly because I didn’t want it or expect to find it useful - but I am a convert and it’s won me over.

The handling and performance (which was the reason I picked it over the Etron and EQC) have not disappointed, the all season tyres grip really well and given the power and torque it feels really planted and doesnt seem to struggle for traction/grip even in the winter weather, I love the instant shove you get when you put your foot down and the acceleration still makes me grin 😀.

So I am very happy with my choice and it’s definitely living up to my expectations so far (fingers crossed it stays gremlin free!) and I cant see me going back to an ICE car unless it’s something with a V8 or similar.

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
Exactly my experience, when it’s working. Really glad you’re liking it.

I’m certainly missing the HUD in this Disco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Passed the 2000 mile mark this week (2158) and thought it was worth a bit of an update.

I’ve got the latest Pivi Pro (3) and now Alexa as well - its a nice toy and let’s you access Amazon Music and trigger off things at home which is useful and amusing at the same time, still find the occasional glitch with Nav (I like the satellite view which I think maybe the cause) but it seems to recover well in 99% of cases in less than a minute (map displays vanish then the dash one reappears 1st, then you can reopen the Nav on the main display).

I‘m really happy with it and pleased with the change to an EV, range anxiety isn’t an issue for me - I know I can get to all my regular destinations without charging and I have plenty of options to top up if needed to get back home and I have got a good routine for my trips to Leeds where I can use free Podpoint chargers by the office to top up during the day enabling a round trip without needing any additional stops which is perfect - in summer I think a round trip might just be possible as I would need an extra 10% or so range/battery.

Driving wise I‘m really impressed, it doesnt feel as big and heavy as it undeniably is and the ride, handling and performance is excellent - I prefer taking the A or B roads in it rather than the motorway as it’s nice to drive it, but on the motorway with all the technology it makes for a quiet, relaxing and easy drive.

Efficiency is good and I can get 230 miles per charge from full, if not a bit more. I tend to only fully charge if I need max range for the trips to Leeds and Manchester, otherwise it’s 25-75% most of the time, cost wise it’s a lot cheaper but I don’t have an EV electric tariff so it’s not as low as it could be (20p per unit not 5p) but I can charge whenever. Typical consumption seems to be 33.3-38.5KWh per 100 miles on representative journeys.

The Oyster light coloured interior is still looking good, its my first light interior and so I treated everything with GTechniq Leather and Plastic treatments and so far they are great and it’s still like new/cleans up easily. Outside the winter grime is also easily washed off with snow foam and two bucket washing having put 2 coats of C2v3 on it after delivery.

So all in all I am very happy and glad I made the swap from the XJ.

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
Glad to hear you are still happy with it.

Just picked up our car from Sturgess so hopefully we can enjoy the car until it's first service.

Reactions: gmcelroy

·
Administrator
29,538 Posts
It’s surprising just how easy it is to live with an EV that has a sensible range. I’ve done just over 15,000 miles & have yet to visit a public charger.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
After some cross country trips and a couple of runs up to Leeds on the M1, it’s now closing in on 3000 miles.

This week in Leeds my usual free PodPoint charger wasnt working properly so as I was on a day trip I needed to use a Rapid charger (only the 2nd time I have used one) so I stopped on the M1 at Woodall - used the Gridserv/EH rapid charger and added 35kwh to give me plenty of charge to get home in about 45 mins, not bad cost wise either at just under £14. I managed to get 3mi/KWh on the way back from Leeds which is the best i have had on a motorway run (weather was poor and so traffic was busy and speed limits lower - 53 mph average speed).

After the recent trips I decided it was time for good wash today as it was filthy, so I took my time and did the full works - rinse, pre-wash snow foam, 2 bucket wash, rinse with 0 ppm water then used Gtechniq C2v3 as a drying aid to finish it off and looking good.

I also did the interior with a full vacuum, shampoo of the mats, and treated the plastic and leather as well. One anoying thing I did notice I had picked up a stone chip right in the middle of the leading edge of the front end, looks like the stone has hit and caused the paint to separate off the plastic/undercoat layer so I will need some Chip repair paint 😬

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Sky Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel Vehicle

Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB
21 - 40 of 89 Posts