Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having ordered a MY22 I-Pace HSE back in June to replace my XJ, I was originally expecting the car at the start of October but it went back 3 times before finally arriving with the dealers on the 8th November.

I spec'd the car in Caldera Red with the light Oyster leather interior, Gloss Black 20" wheels, and added privacy glass and air suspension to the already good spec.

Delivery was yesterday and I took some quick snaps after the paperwork was done as I needed to head off to the train station within an hour!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Vehicle registration plate Car Grille Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Initial impressions (after only 12 miles!) are great - its very quick, the active cruse and steering assist works well, its really quiet but you do notice road noise more at speed (probably because of the lack of background/engine noises). Pivi Pro seems great as does the new dash - the tech seems a big leap forward and so far works well. It also does have HUD and 2 keys so that was a good result :).

Currently treating it to Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard to keep the Oyster leather in tip top condition and all of the plastics with Gyeon Q2M Preserve, then I will hopefully (weather dependent) apply 1 or 2 coats of Gtechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal Sealant as a short term protection layer.

·
Administrator
28,089 Posts
A 6 week delay is classed as a timely delivery at the moment! Getting the HUD & 2 keys is another win.

Reactions: gmcelroy

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
I see 360 cameras is back on the configurator.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
That's a lovely colour and the black sets it off beautifully.
Health to enjoy it!

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Got to agree with Steve, the black does add a lot, very nice.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Congrats on the new car :)

It looks nice in the red with black wheels!

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Looks good, enjoy.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,062 Posts
Looks lovely, mini review when you get a chance!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks lovely, mini review when you get a chance!
Will hopefully get chance to drive it properly at the weekend, too many other things going on this week and I’ll be sure to post my thoughts.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little bit of a mini write-up of my I-Pace experience so far:

Saturday morning was the perfect time to give the I-Pace a wash and apply some C2v3 liquid crystal, I had time to get two layers on as well as Hellshine Rain repellent on the Glass. Was very happy with the results, nice and shiny and it’s now prepared inside and out, ready for some driving!

Saturday afternoon was a trip over to Leicestershire to visit family, a bit of cross-country then A14/M1 run before heading over to pickup the A5 – was a nice chance of a decent drive (40 mins or so) to get a feel for the car and experiment with new features. Couldn’t resist a photo opp on arriving either, there’s actually an XF hiding behind it!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

It’s very different to the XJ (no real surprises there!) but it’s also different to driving an ICE car with the regeneration set to High it becomes a “one-pedal” drive most of the time with some practice (and patience), the throttle is sensitive and it responds very quickly so you have to get used to that to avoid overly aggressive acceleration and deceleration (when lifting off or cancelling cruise), otherwise the passenger provides “feedback” or insults! :ROFLMAO:

Performance is very impressive, it launches really well and accelerates rapidly without any fuss or hesitation – the lack of any gearbox/kickdown makes it so much quicker it just pulls away, makes joining A roads or motorways effortless as you can just give it a quick “spot” of power and join safely. It’s definitely enough to get yet more passenger feedback, even when not really trying!

Build quality is good, everything seems well put together and it feels good quality - there’s more plastic than the XJ which isn’t a surprise but its also good quality of materials and things like the steering wheel and controls all feel great with nice touches.

I also had my first interesting “experience” as we arrived at our destination I noticed 2 things – the navigation decided to stop talking or responding on the main screen (it went back to the Home Screen) but the Instrument Panel (IP) display continued to show the directions. But on parking the car asked to install the OS3 update for Pivi so I think that was probably the cause.

Pivi is very different to ICTP and very responsive, it was delivered with a 2.0.x release installed so needed the SOTA update to the latest version. It took a restart of Pivi to fix the navigation issue after the update was installed, it’s now working happily and the satellite view is really good – I like the IP map display, it’s very useful.

Driving features wise I really like the Active Cruise and with a stranded vehicle on the A14 causing heavy traffic I was able to play around with “queue assist” and the stop and go feature, it also has Steering Assist (rather than just the lane departure/assist) this takes some getting used to so far as you feel it making little corrections all the time which is different to how you would drive/steer but it does work well and gives feedback if it’s not able to “find” the road markings.

Lane departure system is fairly standard and if you don’t change lanes quickly enough it will decide your not intentionally changing lane and will warn and intervene which is irritating, I can see me turning that off!

Today was another chance for a run out with a cross country drive over to Wellingborough (12 miles or so each way) so more playing with driving modes (ECO, Comfort and Dynamic) – Dynamic includes a synthetic engine noise and seems more responsive/rapid than the other two modes.

The air suspension seems to work well, it lowers on parking automatically and I tried raising it for some speed bumps which was quite effective at making them irrelevant 🤣

So far range seems like it would be around 180-200 miles real world at the moment, but that does include some “testing” and spirited acceleration, it was also noticeable that the evening drive back in the cold caused the range to drop significantly almost immediately (20 mile drop) – so weather and temp will play more of a factor than for an ICE vehicle. But having driven 90 odd miles (from 91% charge) I still have 52% left which seems good given I have also been playing with things parked up every time I get in or out 😁

Wheel Sky Car Land vehicle Tire

Couldn‘t resist another photo opportunity with the sun out in Wellingborough - although I was told off by my other half for being embarrassing 😳

I’ll aim to keep updating this thread with my experiences – I will be using this for a mix of different journeys including trips to the North (Leeds) so I will have to use public charging (at least until I get a charger at my office) at times which may be more challenging/interesting.

But very happy with everything so far!

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
You came right by me. If I’m not mistaken that’s the B&Q/PizzaHut car park in Wellingborough.

Looks good.

The range thing, did you pre-condition before you left? It really helps the range of you pre-condition the battery (whilst it’s connected to the wall charger). Otherwise the battery will use its own power to warm itself up in this cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can right by me. If I’m not mistaken that’s the B&Q/PizzaHut car park in Wellingborough.

Looks good.

The range thing, did you pre-condition before you left? It really helps the range of you pre-condition the battery (whilst it’s connected to the wall charger). Otherwise the battery will use its own power to warm itself up in this cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that’s exactly the right place, well spotted!

I didn’t pre-condition before leaving which now you have mentioned it makes sense - thanks for the heads up I will try that next time.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
I only pre-condition ours when we are going on a long drive and want to maximise the range. 99% of our journeys are local so never bother as there's plenty to get to where we are going and back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice car, but why edit out your number plate in all those pictures and then post a picture with the plate on show :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:;)
Well spotted - I forgot on the last picture, but as that plate is now in the process of being taken off I am not worried about it.

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
I don't bother hiding plates now. No point. It's on display all the time anyway.

Reactions: OBC John
1 - 19 of 19 Posts