Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Great looking car!

As said the seat cooling usually takes a little while to get noticeable, but as discussed in some other threads on here it doesn't work that well for everyone. One reason to issues with the back cooling may be cracks in the air duct in the back rest, but overall the whole cooling also depends on the ambient temperature in the cabin.

I've had cooled seats in both my XFs and always had the impression that the cooling tends to take longer or sometimes is barely noticeable when the cabin is really hot like after having parked in the sun for a while.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I would agree on cooling, on the few occasions I have used it I never find it that noticeable, maybe I should check my ducting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
An update for everyone, the dealer has agreed to deal with all the issues so far, however I’m finding they’re never ending!

The more I’m driving it, I’m finding alot of road feedback through the steering wheel, which I thought could be that it needed balancing but, when braking from higher speeds (not hard) there’s a very slight judder/shudder vibration through the steering wheel which is telling me something to do with the brakes. Also, there is the occasional light squeal when coming to a stand. Maybe sticky callipers, maybe the piston inside is rusty, I don’t know lol.

I think I’m going to give the dealer a call tomorrow and ask them if they’re prepared to service/replace the callipers and brakes, if not they can take the car back and I’ll keep shopping around. I don’t want them to carry out a temporary lubrication to make the problem disappear for a couple days because I could then well end up with some huuuge bills so soon.

Hmmm. First world problems! Lol.

Dannii

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, Dannii. I mentioned in my previous post about brake judder. It's a common issue with the XF but replacing the callipers and discs usually cures it. There are various theories for the cause. I personally think it's down to a sticky calliper holding the pads against a hot disc which burns material into the disc surface - hence the judder when braking gently.
See how the dealer deals with it.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Great looking car Dannii, but I am biased! The cooled seats are actually electric, using a semiconductor Peltier device to cool. Fans should take the chilled air and pass it to the seats via tubing. Simple to know if it is working, you get an "I've peed myself" feeling!! It does seem to vary from very cool to "is it working?"

Use your 1,000 mile rejection time to get a car you are happy with. I have been driving XFRs for 8 years and still love them. Not had any issues and will keep my beast for many years to come. Fingers crossed for them fixing it, so you can enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
17,728 Posts
Danni - I found this link on another website regarding your cooling issues for the seats.
Thought we had it on this forum, but we're open enough to use links from other sites.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the feedback, Dannii. I mentioned in my previous post about brake judder. It's a common issue with the XF but replacing the callipers and discs usually cures it. There are various theories for the cause. I personally think it's down to a sticky calliper holding the pads against a hot disc which burns material into the disc surface - hence the judder when braking gently.
See how the dealer deals with it.
Yes you did - thank you! I knew I had read it somewhere to keep an eye out. Calliper/pads/disc replacement would be extortionate so I’m interested to see how they do handle it lol. I feel like changing the pads and discs may work for a little while, but the problem will soon come back if it’s down to a sticky calliper. I’ll keep you posted.

Dannii

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re cooled seats, it takes couple of mins to be noticeable on cushins and a bit longer for backrest even in a hot day in my black car. It has nothing to do with air con. It just blows air through holes. It feels cold enough that you will survive without an air con.
if you didn’t notice it cooling, press the button for seats, set them to coldest setting and make sure the seat icon on screen shoes “both“ cushion and backrest in blue. If any of them are light grey means it’s off. You can just touch them to set them on or off.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts