Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I now am I proud owner of a Jaguar 2010 xfr absolutely gorgeous I'm so happy I also want to know if anyone can tell me of any really good upgrades to make this car faster and More Beautiful

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum and V8 club. First upgrade (if you want to go fast) is to be able to put the power down. We recommend Michelin Pilot 4S tyres. They are the best out there and helps you to put power down in most conditions.

Secondly, the exhaust note on the standard car is rubbish. Upgrade to a Spires stage 2 (rear boxes) and open the V8 noise. Think American muscle car sound.

Thirdly, going.fast needs to stop well. A lot of us use EBC disks and either Red or Yellow stuff. The later if you are thinking of track events.

If you still want more power, Viezu have several options. However, getting extra power or torque to the road is a challenge. I have left mine stock and it is fast enough for most situations. Especially if you want to keep you licence!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone I was thinking of getting a tune for the car they want about $1,500 to change the pulley and make it up to 600 horsepower I thought that would be kind of nice when I get the money right now I did put an exhaust but I'll tell you what I remove the resonators and put only two little tiny resonators in the back and it gets the most aggressive deep growl you have ever heard for $300 I get compliments from people with Corvettes and people with Mustangs and every other v8 car they absolutely can't believe The Growler comes out of this car and gained a lot of horsepower so that's something to think about also I'll send a picture if you want any other upgrades I'm thinking I already did the air filters and I put a cold air intake so until then if I have any questions I'd love to keep talking to people who have the same car because I live in South Florida and nobody has an xfr it's kind of good because I like being different.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Lots of happy customers with Velocity AP for tunes and pulleys on this engine across XF, XJ, XK and F-Type.
And yes a tune and pulley will cost you $1,500 to $2,000.
A smaller upper (SC) pulley is a little cheaper than a larger lower (crank) pulley but the crank pulley (+ tune) will give you a little more power and torque than a smaller SC pulley will.
It's also much easier to fit a crank pulley than it is to remove and replace the SC pulley, and it's reversible whereas the SC pulley is not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great replies maybe also I was thinking of upgrading the little tiny subwoofer in the trunk I was wondering if I put a bigger speaker if it would make any difference or do I have to upgrade the amp

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks for the great replies maybe also I was thinking of upgrading the little tiny subwoofer in the trunk I was wondering if I put a bigger speaker if it would make any difference or do I have to upgrade the amp
I changed just the sub, in my old SV8, and it made a massive difference.

The distortion is just the fact that my phone mic couldn't handle the volume.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What sub did you replace it with ? did u use the same enclosure or did you use a different one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts