Jaguar Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1142 Posts

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,101 ·
Those video's are on my "round to it" list of stuff to watch. I subscribe to Samcrac as some of his stuff is great.

I've decided this morning after studying the brochures I want a 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography with the 1700W sound system (£4140 option), heads up display (£1500 option) electrically deployable tow bar (£900 option but £3500 retrofit), deployable side steps (£3,500 option) and ideally (but not a deal breaker) the Rear Seat Entertainment (£2,500 option).

The Autobiography was a £101,500 car before adding those options to it so I need to find someone who spent a fair old chunk on one as those options make it a £115,000 car.

Ideally I want Loire Blue with either the same dark blue interior as above or black. I want the lighter coloured headlining too.

I'm in no rush as my L322 is a great car but I'm gonna start looking I reckon.

Have told Mrs H that this will be instead of my RR and C6 but in addition to the XFR. There was a slight mumble but I reckon it got her approval when I told her it was a diesel one and not another Supercharged V8.

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,102 ·
After watching this "Samcrac" video, a Range Rover Autobiography has been added to my "I-want-one" list. :love:
(You need to watch it to the end)

If it's for the rear seat package, it's the Long Wheelbase SVAutobiography you want :D

Electric reclining rear seats with footrests, a 240v inverter, RR SVA branded slippers in the rear drawer, electrically folding picnic tables, champagne fridge with RR engraved crystal champagne flutes, large rear screens, etc.

The SVA is a truly magnificent thing.

David.

Reactions: OBC John

· Registered
25,010 Posts
If it's for the rear seat package, it's the Long Wheelbase SVAutobiography you want :D

Electric reclining rear seats with footrests, a 240v inverter, RR SVA branded slippers in the rear drawer, electrically folding picnic tables, champagne fridge with RR engraved crystal champagne flutes, large rear screens, etc.

The SVA is a truly magnificent thing.

David.
It was his assertion that a rear-seat passenger would not be able to tell the difference, eyes closed, between this and a Rolls Royce Cullinan.
I want one! 😎

Reactions: dhallworth

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,104 ·
A Range Rover is very much like the XFR IMO...

Once bitten, forever smitten. If I could only have one car, without a shadow of a doubt it would be an RR.

Reactions: OBC John

· Registered
11,064 Posts
A Range Rover is very much like the XFR IMO...

Once bitten, forever smitten. If I could only have one car, without a shadow of a doubt it would be an RR.
SVO would be your first choice one would hope.. less the retractable tow hitch?...

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,106 ·
I’m trying to be realistic with myself 😂

First choice would be an SVAutobiography but they’re holding waaaaay to much money for my liking.

· Registered
11,262 Posts
It’s funny how the car you want holds it’s value excessively yet the one you have is worth nothing (by comparison).

Hope you find one David.

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,109 ·
It certainly is.

Hopefully the situation with the neighbour will be sorted before long and I can start looking properly. It’s amazing how little there is out there just now. Very few cars on the LR approved website.

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,110 ·
My Supercharged has now done just shy of 2000 miles since all of the work was done and the engine was rebuilt. It’s still running beautifully. When sitting in the car with it idling, you can’t hear or feel it running.

When driving the car it is beautifully smooth and very responsive.

Much to my surprise on Thursday afternoon last week the engine management light came on. When scanning with my IID tool I got a P0172 - System too rich (bank 1).

Font Electric blue Display device Darkness Audio equipment

I cleared the code and monitored it and yesterday it came back on, approximately 40 miles after it first appeared. It seems to only trigger when in 30mph speed limits, in particular when slowing down and at a snails pace. The first time it was when turning around, the 2nd time it triggered was when coasting up to a set of traffic lights.

These are the long and short term fuel trims.

Light Black Font Screenshot Darkness

I’ve read online about the MAF sensor being a possible cause. When monitoring the real time MAF values versus the target MAF values the readings are near identical. When graphing the 2 values, the lines are always on top of each other.

I’ve compared the values of both oxygen sensors and they look similar but these aren’t the conventional switching type as far as I’m aware.

I’m going to give the MAF a clean anyway but am not hopeful it’ll cure it. Is it worth changing an oxygen sensor? I’m not convinced it’s an air leak as if it was I’m sure it’d be running lean, not rich. The pulse width on the injectors all look to be virtually identical too.

I think my first port of call will be swapping the oxygen sensors from one bank to another to see if the fault follows the sensor.

Thanks,
David.

Reactions: Gav

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
My old 4.6 P38 used to eat O2 sensors like they were going out of fashion, so much so I'd keep 4 of them in stock. Don't ever buy a cheap Chinese one. Dribbly injector on bank 2?

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,112 ·
The originals are Denso so if I’m changing them, I’ll order Denso but not in an LR box.

I hope it’s not an injector as they were all refurbished when the engine was in bits!

David.

· Registered
4,845 Posts
Worth double checking the air filter as well for any blockages, but MAF, the O2 and onwards would be the logical sequence that I would do. I think a blockage in the exhaust can also cause this, possibly a failed CAT?

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,114 ·
I put the endoscope into the cats when I had the car in bits and the honeycomb was immaculate so I’m really hoping it’s not melted them in 2k miles.

4 Denso oxygen sensors and a Denso MAF from Island 4x4 are going to be £460. Can’t work out whether to order them and just change them or try to do some fault finding first.

Reactions: ninjag

· Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,743 Posts
The O2 sensors can't really be checked, even looking at live data from them I've never really seen anomalies, unless they're completely dead, or the heating element is shot. They're really a swap-out job and be happy with the knowledge they're new and (presumably) good. And while I was ordering the sensors, I'd just be tempted to put the MAF in the cart too.... Job done. More so if the car is a long term keeper. And I wasn't struck for cash....

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,116 ·
On earlier sensors you could watch them switching but you can’t on newer ones.

I’m trying to work out what to do with it at the moment. Part of me fancies a change and part of me thinks I should keep it.

I’m also wondering if it’s possible it’s shit fuel as it’s only done it since I last put fuel in it. Might run it down and neck it with Esso or Shell and put that tub of BG44K I’ve got in it.

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,118 ·
Bit of a progress report on the RR.

I noticed recently whilst giving it some that it felt like it was steering from the rear and didn’t feel as stable as it should. A few more miles gently in the car and I was sure that it was the rear right corner that something wasn’t right on.

I managed to get my friends TDV8 off the ramp last night and managed to get mine back on. Sure enough, the toe control arm on the OSR corner was able to move. It wasn’t loose but it certainly wasn’t tight. I can only assume that it wasn’t torqued down properly when the alignment was done back in September.

I took the engine cover off and had a good look around last night too. I noticed that the vacuum pipe that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the throttle body wasn’t as snug on the throttle body as it should’ve been. I’ve trimmed the end off it and put a hose clamp on it to keep it in place. I’ve a funny feeling that’ll cure the running rich issues but I’ve got a pair of Denso oxygen sensors and a Denso MAF due to be arriving tomorrow for a bit of a belts and braces approach.

David.

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,119 ·
Tonight saw the oxygen sensors and air flow meter changed on the Range Rover.

I ordered 2 Denso pre-cat sensors and a Denso MAF from Island 4x4. Total cost inc delivery was £368.96.

To do the oxygen sensors I removed the down pipes from the manifolds to drop them down and give me some more room. I then used the induction heater to warm the sensors and with a 22mm spanner they undid nicely which was a relief as I was expecting them to be horrendous.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

New v Old

Automotive tire Grass Road surface Wood Asphalt

Don’t have any pictures of swapping out the MAF though.

After these were both done I reset the adaptions and will get some miles on it to have a look and see what’s what from there.

David.

1101 - 1120 of 1142 Posts