Jaguar Forum banner
261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Administrator
28,089 Posts
I'm kinda hoping before long this car might be in a position where it won't be creating content for much longer too! :D
It's a Landrover - they never stop giving content. :D

·
Administrator
30,009 Posts
Everything I know about spannering started from my Dad.
Same for me. Mine was a time-served Vauxhall apprentice, one-time garage foreman, would tackle anything. Cars, plumbing, electrics, you name it. He drew the line at wet building trades tho', as do I, but pretty much anything else was fair game. Miss him muchly, make the most of your time with yours.

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Shiny bits have arrived! Ordered these at 11pm on Thursday. Dispatched on Friday and delivered at 11:30 this morning.

Front Diff

Rear diff:

The rear diff I’m over the moon with! It was pictured as a bare differential on eBay. However it’s turned up with a locking motor and the motor housing bolted to it! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I opened the nailed wooden crate it was delivered in.

Unfortunately we’ve got a wedding in Sheffield on Thursday so Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are written off this week :(

David.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Pesky weddings getting in the way of things, we had to go to one 10 days ago.. I tried to get out of it but Mrs. PeteA would have none of it, kept going on about the fact that it was her only child that was getting married... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Well, I’ve still not gotten around to fitting these diffs yet. Primarily because I’ve been helping some friends with work on their cars.

Since I got my car I’ve been keeping an eye out for a set of deployable side steps for it. They’re obsolete so you can’t buy them as a kit. Buying them separately the brackets are 250 quid each (need 4) the motors are 350 quid each (need 2) then there’s the switches and stuff that you can’t get outside the kits.

Anyway, patience has paid off as last week I found a brand new, never opened, genuine set of LR deployable side steps.

They were collected by TNT from Essex on Friday last week and delivered here on Monday :) I then managed to get the wiring loom and ECU to go with it :)

Road surface Wood Asphalt Composite material Rectangle

Textile Rectangle Gadget Font Tints and shades

Rectangle Wood Font Automotive exterior Automotive design

Wood Office supplies Office equipment Flooring Floor

Hood Automotive design Air gun Bumper Office equipment

Chuffed is an understatement as I don’t like the fixed steps at all and these tuck nicely out of the way when folded away.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Wow, a box full of rocking horse poo poo! Come on, get 'em fitted and a video of the process 📹😀

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Here’s a video to them working when I fitted them to my Dad‘s RR a few years ago:

If you unlock just the drivers door then only the drivers step comes out. If you unlock both doors the both come out. Then depending on which door you open the steps will come out.

David.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
At least this one has Ford written on it 😂

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
That reminds me of the loaner RR Sport I had for a week last year when Her Greyness died. My wife stands a full 4ft 11" and was unable to climb into the thing. I had to carry one of those fold-up steps with us. And I told her these things can come with magic, slide-out steps. (Still wouldn't have one.)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
My Dad’s RR is the Autobiography with the upgraded, incredibly soft leather. At 20k you could just see a few tiny creases appearing in the edge of the seat. The steps were fitted to his mainly so that him and my Mum could step out of the car rather then sliding out of it.

I’m 6’4 so don’t really need them but my wife likes the ones on my Dads car. Even though I don’t need them I do like them so I am pleased to finally have a set.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
That reminds me of the loaner RR Sport I had for a week last year when Her Greyness died. My wife stands a full 4ft 11" and was unable to climb into the thing. I had to carry one of those fold-up steps with us. And I told her these things can come with magic, slide-out steps. (Still wouldn't have one.)
Mrs S carries one of those for her Mum to get into the F-Pace. Mum is about the same height as Mrs J!
We looked at the deployable side steps and fixed ones, but the step was £9.99 on Amazon 😂

Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

After doing some homework this evening, the diff that I’ve been supplied isn’t the right one for my car at all…

Here’s the pictures of the brand new diff that arrived:

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Hood Cable Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive tire

Automotive tire Wood Gas Bumper Auto part

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Hand Plant Automotive tire Finger Automotive wheel system

The flange on this one has 4 studies and is flat, the flange on mine has 6 studs and is much, much deeper. As well as that, it’s a totally different shape. If you look at the top picture you can see the banana like shaped arm with a bush in it.

This is what mine looks like…

Reflex camera Camera lens Camera accessory Camera Digital camera

This is snipped from an eBay listing but is what the flange on mine looks like…

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Rim Bicycle part

The correct diff - TVK500470 | REAR AXLE DIFFERENTIAL ASSY 4.2+4.4L PETROL V8 - RANGE ROVER VOGUE FROM VIN 7A253042 TO 7A999999 | Britpart | | Britcar (UK) Ltd

You can see that the shape of them is totally different. I’ve no idea what this diff is from either
Big Cry
I’m hoping the seller is in a good mood as I’ve had it sat in the packing case that it arrived in for a couple of months now. I’m gonna have to phone him tomorrow and see what he says. I gave him the part number for my car and the wrong part has arrived so fingers crossed we can get it sorted.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
What a Bu66er! Hope the seller concedes for you David.. (y)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
I've been assured he will and he's been in touch this morning so fingers crossed!

After a bit of research last night I found the diff I've got online... I'm fairly certain it's for a Range Rover Sport Supercharged, not the Full Fat one that I have.

Will see where we go from here :)

David.

Reactions: PeteA
261 - 280 of 317 Posts