Registered
6,171 Posts
Welcome to the party! Looks fab.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Welcome to the party! Looks fab.
Cheers, feels great to be in the F-Type party. You seem to have found a fantastic one too in another of the best F-Type colours. Ultra blue, IRR and BRG FTW IMHO. :)

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Cheers, feels great to be in the F-Type party. You seem to have found a fantastic one too in another of the best F-Type colours. Ultra blue, IRR and BRG FTW IMHO. :)
Those performance seats are something else aren’t they? Love ‘em.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Yep, those colours put my boring old Lunar Grey to shame.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Those performance seats are something else aren’t they? Love ‘em.
Yeah the performance seats really are the dogs. Spent most of the day in them yesterday. Amazing how comfy they can be despite being so thin. Love the nerdy facts that they are magnesium based and 8 kg lighter than the previous seats. :)

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yep, those colours put my boring old Lunar Grey to shame.
Still that's also one of the better F-Type colours, especially if it's complemented by some spiced up interior colours like yours.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Stunning! Just stunning. I hope you have many, many happy miles in her!

Reactions: MajorTom

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Lovely, I had those wheels on my V6S, don’t kerb them :)
Yep, I have the same wheels as well, Blades.
My front left is a bit kerbed now and maybe due for a refurb, but at least it's only the outer rim. The carbon fibre inserts (and yes they are real carbon fibre) are rare as hen's teeth and cost an absolute fortune if you can find one.
I check on line now and then for replacement new or "used but as new" wheels, especially the fronts (different size to the rears) and the cost is astronomical, over $2,000 AU each!

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeah I’m almost a bit intimidated by the blade wheels knowing how expensive they are. I think they look absolutely epic and had a bit mixed feelings about them since they were the wheels i wanted most but also knew that the consequences of kerbing them probably would be much worse than with more normal wheels.

They do remind me a bit of the dark dracos which IMHO are the best looking X250 wheels.

So far I’ve also noticed that they’re pretty good at hiding brake dust, being all matte.

They’re all mint and I dread the day I’ll kerb one. I think skrrt, that YouTube chap that made quite a few F-Type vids mentioned that the carbon blade inserts are 100$ each. I’ll need to be able to deal with multi story/underground car parks at some point so I’m planning some veeery cautious practice parking runs especially keeping the front splitter and wheels in mind.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Save one of your seat memory settings with both wing mirrors pointing down so you can see the rear wheels each side.

That’s what I use in multi stories. Hasn’t failed me yet!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Save one of your seat memory settings with both wing mirrors pointing down so you can see the rear wheels each side.

That’s what I use in multi stories. Hasn’t failed me yet!
Mine has adjustable auto passenger mirror dip when in reverse and I have it set so it shows the left rear wheel and kerb at the same time.
Great for ranking and tight manoeuvring so as to avoid kerbing the left rear wheel when in reverse.
No such function on the driver's side mirror and even if it did I wouldn't use it.
Tom - yours may or may not have the same, I think I read somewhere that that function may have been removed from later model years maybe 2018 onward. Either that or it's only RHD F-Types that have it and LHD missed out.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Yeah I’m almost a bit intimidated by the blade wheels knowing how expensive they are. I think they look absolutely epic and had a bit mixed feelings about them since they were the wheels i wanted most but also knew that the consequences of kerbing them probably would be much worse than with more normal wheels.

They do remind me a bit of the dark dracos which IMHO are the best looking X250 wheels.

So far I’ve also noticed that they’re pretty good at hiding brake dust, being all matte.

They’re all mint and I dread the day I’ll kerb one. I think skrrt, that YouTube chap that made quite a few F-Type vids mentioned that the carbon blade inserts are 100$ each. I’ll need to be able to deal with multi story/underground car parks at some point so I’m planning some veeery cautious practice parking runs especially keeping the front splitter and wheels in mind.
Same here but the CF inserts in particular come up looking much better - nice and glossy rather than dull - after cleaning.
Just a quick wipe with a MF cloth and your favourite quick detailer is all it takes.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Same here but the CF inserts in particular come up looking much better - nice and glossy rather than dull - after cleaning.
Just a quick wipe with a MF cloth and your favourite quick detailer is all it takes.
Also noticed that the other day when I wiped off the wheels for the first time - the only bits that get visually affected by brake dust are the glossy CF inserts.

Actually thought the whole wheels and silver lip were glossy before I saw them in the flesh.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Mine has adjustable auto passenger mirror dip when in reverse and I have it set so it shows the left rear wheel and kerb at the same time.
Great for ranking and tight manoeuvring so as to avoid kerbing the left rear wheel when in reverse.
No such function on the driver's side mirror and even if it did I wouldn't use it.
Tom - yours may or may not have the same, I think I read somewhere that that function may have been removed from later model years maybe 2018 onward. Either that or it's only RHD F-Types that have it and LHD missed out.
I have the mirror dip feature too (would feel odd not to have it, after having it in both my XFs too) but haven’t checked if it could dip the driver side mirror too. Good point anyhow about setting up one of the memory settings to also dip the driver mirror.

Mine also has the semi-automated parallel park thingy with additional sensors in the front wheel arches (and perhaps more places - haven’t investigated that yet). I’m hoping those sensors also can give additional help when maneuvering tight spaces.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
What are the carbon fibre inserts for on the blades? Is it purely for appearance?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
What are the carbon fibre inserts for on the blades? Is it purely for appearance?
Yep, purely for looks I’d say. Otherwise I think the spoke design is quite similar to the 400 Sport wheels. I think these blade wheels are also supposed to be forged and a little bit lighter than other F-Type 20” wheels.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts