Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after nearly 8 years of fantastic XF ownerhip it's time to move on. Fortunately I'm staying with the brand and yesterday I traded in my XF 3.0 S/C AWD for an F-type as my new combined daily driver, fun car and road trip car.

It's been a long research and search process and I was actually going to get an F-type only in a few months. Then this incredible example showed up at a dealer over in Germany only half an hour from home and I realised it was the kind of unicorn I was looking for. I wasn't interested in ordering a new one and have scanned the western European market (mainly Germany but also Benelux) for a couple of months, gradually realising that what I was looking for was rare as hens teeth: a relatively new high spec V6S/P380 coupé, not black or white, with the pano roof and with a non black interior.

Engine wise I really tried to like the P300 - test drove both a pre-facelift and facelift - but had to conclude it wasn't for me. As much as I love the AJ133 I've never been interested in having one in an F-type. The 400 was a no go because of its interior. I wanted as much driving tech and toys as possible so it had to be the V6S/P380.

So here's what I ended up with - a loaded late MY18 380hp V6 RWD R-Dynamic.

Bought as approved with 2 years warranty from a JLR dealer nearby. Immaculate car with an immaculate history. The same dealer sold it new to the previous owner, who apparently now has moved over to an AMG GT and regrets the change. :)

Exterior: British racing green with the design black pack, pano roof and my favourite F-type wheels - the 20" carbon blades.

Interior: the full fat extended leather spec in siena tan with the heated/cooled performance seats, interior black pack, carbon trim, flat bottom steering wheel, the sport pedals etc.

It has the 8" ICTP which is exactly what I want because it has the physical buttons and I can add CarPlay. In terms of toys it has everything you can get in an F-Type except four things: AHBA, DAB (usless in Europe), the surround stereo version and the secure tracker ICTP add-on. None of which I would want anyway. Not sure I'd have specced some of the other kit it has like homelink, parallel park assistant and interior black pack but consider them as a bonus.

Being a loaded RWD V6S it has all the driving kit you can get in an F-Type (except ceramic brakes): active exhaust, adaptive dampers, LSD, launch control, configurable dynamic mode, upgraded big 380/376 mm brakes (thankfully specced in black and not red!) etc.

The first small mods I did was to remove the engine cover and to move over LED footwell lights and the aluminium paddles from my XF. Next is to install the mirror/indicator lights from my XF and probably a rear debadge.

I've been on the road for most of the day today and think the car is bloody brilliant. :) That said I'll be spending less time over here and more time over at different F-Type forums but will definitely still keeping an eye on this place.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,398 Posts
Looks gorgeous Tom, still have a hankering for BRG
health to enjoy!

Reactions: MajorTom

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gav. Thoroughly enjoying it indeed. I'm obviously biased but do think BRG is one of the best colours for the F-Type.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,398 Posts
Thanks Gav. Thoroughly enjoying it indeed. I'm obviously biased but do think BRG is one of the best colours for the F-Type.
When the sun shines , which I guess it does where you are, it certainly pops
looking forward to the full review! ;)

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
Beautiful colours, inside and out.

·
Registered
20,258 Posts
Wow! That is one beautiful motor car! I'd be lying through my clenched teeth if I said I wasn't envious.
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Me also, looks the dogs danglies.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
So after nearly 8 years of fantastic XF ownerhip it's time to move on. Fortunately I'm staying with the brand and yesterday I traded in my XF 3.0 S/C AWD for an F-type as my new combined daily driver, fun car and road trip car.

It's been a long research and search process and I was actually going to get an F-type only in a few months. Then this incredible example showed up at a dealer over in Germany only half an hour from home and I realised it was the kind of unicorn I was looking for. I wasn't interested in ordering a new one and have scanned the western European market (mainly Germany but also Benelux) for a couple of months, gradually realising that what I was looking for was rare as hens teeth: a relatively new high spec V6S/P380 coupé, not black or white, with the pano roof and with a non black interior.

Engine wise I really tried to like the P300 - test drove both a pre-facelift and facelift - but had to conclude it wasn't for me. As much as I love the AJ133 I've never been interested in having one in an F-type. The 400 was a no go because of its interior. I wanted as much driving tech and toys as possible so it had to be the V6S/P380.

So here's what I ended up with - a loaded late MY18 380hp V6 RWD R-Dynamic.

View attachment 186256

View attachment 186257

View attachment 186258

View attachment 186260

Bought as approved with 2 years warranty from a JLR dealer nearby. Immaculate car with an immaculate history. The same dealer sold it new to the previous owner, who apparently now has moved over to an AMG GT and regrets the change. :)

Exterior: British racing green with the design black pack, pano roof and my favourite F-type wheels - the 20" carbon blades.

Interior: the full fat extended leather spec in siena tan with the heated/cooled performance seats, interior black pack, carbon trim, flat bottom steering wheel, the sport pedals etc.

It has the 8" ICTP which is exactly what I want because it has the physical buttons and I can add CarPlay. In terms of toys it has everything you can get in an F-Type except four things: AHBA, DAB (usless in Europe), the surround stereo version and the secure tracker ICTP add-on. None of which I would want anyway. Not sure I'd have specced some of the other kit it has like homelink, parallel park assistant and interior black pack but consider them as a bonus.

Being a loaded RWD V6S it has all the driving kit you can get in an F-Type (except ceramic brakes): active exhaust, adaptive dampers, LSD, launch control, configurable dynamic mode, upgraded big 380/376 mm brakes (thankfully specced in black and not red!) etc.

The first small mods I did was to remove the engine cover and to move over LED footwell lights and the aluminium paddles from my XF. Next is to install the mirror/indicator lights from my XF and probably a rear debadge.

I've been on the road for most of the day today and think the car is bloody brilliant. :) That said I'll be spending less time over here and more time over at different F-Type forums but will definitely still keeping an eye on this place.
stunning.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Very nice colour combination. Classy.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Congratulations, that does look like a great car and colour combination. Enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
19,677 Posts
Lovely Tom, simply lovely!!!

Health to enjoy!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Only two years to wait (for the warranty to expire) before you start on the mods!
The essentials are lowering springs, spacers, pulley and tune.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Those seats are beautiful! As is the rest of the car but wow!

Congrats, wishing you many happy miles in it.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Only two years to wait (for the warranty to expire) before you start on the mods!
I forgot two more even more essential mods that don't need to wait until the warranty expires:
1. If it has Pirelli P-Zero tyres dump them asap and fit something decent such as Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
2. If it has OEM brake pads dump them and fit ceramic or similar pads such as EBC or Porterfield R4S - waaaaay less brake dust!

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
That looks absolutely stunning Tom. A big change from the XF and I wish you well driving it.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Beautiful Tom, even the inside colour works! Well done on finding exactly what you wanted spec wise and with extra's!! Two tail time I'll bet.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Tom, gorgeous, simply gorgeous

You may get eyes in the back of you head so you don’t bump into anything while you’re constantly looking over your shoulder at it

Health to enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beautiful Tom, even the inside colour works! Well done on finding exactly what you wanted spec wise and with extra's!! Two tail time I'll bet.
Thanks! Yeah, the interior has actually always been my pet peeve with the F-Type, given that most of them are all black and I have an odd allergy to black car interiors. This one is just wow, especially since the whole centre tunnel with cubby lids etc also is in siena tan. I haven't figured out why yet, maybe it's MY specific, but in most other F-Types with the same top of the range seats, trim and colour the centre tunnel is still black.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha, yeah, focusing on the minor visual mods for now and probably the Unique Audio kit.

Since I had decided for the AJ126 and know its caveats after 4 years in my XF it had to be a car with a proper warranty to get any issues sorted under warranty. Hopefully this has a bit fewer issues though. It obviously won't have the conrod bearing child sickness that my first MY14 engine had, has the later versions of the chains/tensioners if that ever would be any problem and I think I saw it also had the latest/updated version of the fat coolant Y pipe which partially goes under the supercharger.

Apart from the somewhat added lightness and toys that only come with the RWD V6S (LSD and launch control) it also had to be the S because it's pretty close to its natural power capacity out of the box (and not downtuned like the base 340). So far my feeling about the power of the car is the same as Clarkson's in his good old review of it. :) Nevertheless I'll probably consider a remap some day.

Speaking of the tunes - before trading it in I got the stock 340 tune back on the XF and it was a bit interesting to drive it with that tune after having driven it with the 415ish hp remap for 3 years. Really no big difference in the low and mid rev ranges. Clear example of how the power difference with only different maps all lies toward the top of the rev range with these engines.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I forgot two more even more essential mods that don't need to wait until the warranty expires:
1. If it has Pirelli P-Zero tyres dump them asap and fit something decent such as Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
2. If it has OEM brake pads dump them and fit ceramic or similar pads such as EBC or Porterfield R4S - waaaaay less brake dust!
Good point about the tyres. Yep it's on P-Zeros. So far I'm actually a bit positively surprised by them but did notice that it's a bit easier than I would have thought to stick out the back end.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts