Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Any photos, Jerry?
Here are a few of the outside, all but one were from the day I collected it. The final pic is after the PPF was applied.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
Nice! I always thought they looked very XF-ish.

Reactions: jerryjal

·
Super Moderator
27,227 Posts
I think the S looks a lot better and drives a lot better than the 3 (as you've expect for the price difference) but I'm just not a fan of a lot of the things Tesla do and the inherent issues they have (considering the prices they charge). Might be different on the S as it's been out for a while now so hopefully they've got all the issues ironed out.

Good luck with it though :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think the S looks a lot better and drives a lot better than the 3 (as you've expect for the price difference) but I'm just not a fan of a lot of the things Tesla do and the inherent issues they have (considering the prices they charge). Might be different on the S as it's been out for a while now so hopefully they've got all the issues ironed out.

Good luck with it though :)
Thanks Chris, yes Tesla have had their issues especially with the Model 3 regarding fit and finish. Thankfully, so far I have not encountered any such problems with the S.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
When you can, Jerry, could you post some interior shots.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi John, photos as promised...

Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Nice, always liked the style. Still not sure about that huge screen in the middle :)
You must be happy to enjoy all that instant torque.
How do you compare quality ride, interior quality and driving pleasure to your previous XF?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nice, always liked the style. Still not sure about that huge screen in the middle :)
You must be happy to enjoy all that instant torque.
How do you compare quality ride, interior quality and driving pleasure to your previous XF?
I think the Model S compares well with the XF, I find the driving pleasure and quality of ride of the S to be an improvement to the XF. The interior quality is a subjective one but I like it in the S, it is difficult to compare to the XF however the fit and finish in the S is very nice, yes it is simple in that a lot of the actions are enabled/disabled on the large touchscreen but I find that very intuitive.
So far I really do not miss the XF at all and considering the last three cars I have jhad were all XF's that says a lot.

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
It's good to see that the big screen has been integrated with its surrounds. I seem to remember it was just stuck on in the early S models.
All in all, it looks very nice!

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
Cool Jerry, what's that?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Wireless charging phone holder?..

Reactions: jerryjal and Gav

·
Founder member
5,085 Posts
Needs a good hoovering out already.

·
Registered
10,219 Posts
Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Cool Jerry, what's that?
View attachment 182875
Yes, it is a wireless phone holder, it is the one I used in the XF and although the Model S does have wireless charging built in I do occasionally like to use Waze so I put it in as an option. It may look big but it really isn't.
I have had it for around two years and it is very good.

Here is the original link where I bought it although it is showing as currently unavailable.

VANMASS Motorized Wireless Car Charger, 10W Qi Fast Charging Car Phone Holder, Auto Clamping Vent Mount 360° Rotating for Samsung S10 S10+ S10e Note (Wireless)

Reactions: Gav
21 - 36 of 36 Posts