Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have now had three XF's and my circumstances have recently changed so have decided that it is time for a change of vehicle and it is quite a big change, i've ordered a Tesla Model S!

It is probably going to take 10-12 weeks to get here and when it does I will be selling the current XF. The help and assistance I have received from this forum during the past few years has been truly appreciated, no doubt I will continue to pop in and see if I can pass on any help and knowledge that I have gained from here in the past.

Reactions: Gav and ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
27,214 Posts
Interesting choice. The model 3 not big enough? :) stick around though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,853 Posts
Oh yes, we shall be very interested to see how you get on with your leccy car.

Reactions: jerryjal

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting choice. The model 3 not big enough? :) stick around though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went for a test drive in all three models, they were all good but the 3 wasn't big enough for my current needs. When it is released the Y might be.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Didn’t test drive the I-Pace?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
27,853 Posts
Might have been worth waiting for the Polestar 2.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Might have been worth waiting for the Polestar 2.
Up to everyone's individual taste but personally I really do not like the look of that and yes I can see how it can be compared to a Model 3 but not the S.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
What model S dod you get?
I was keen to the S but 85kw Battery pack was slower than the I-Pace (same price roughly)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
18,473 Posts
Yes Jerry, stick around. It will be interesting to hear your real world experience of a Tesla in comparison with the iPace that one FM has and another who is waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What model S dod you get?
I was keen to the S but 85kw Battery pack was slower than the I-Pace (same price roughly)
The only choices are now long range or performance, they all have the 100kw battery. The long range does 0-60 in 3.7 secs while the performance manages it in 2.3 secs.
I went for the long range based on price and most obviously those few extra miles in range.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
That was another 10 grand over the Ipace! Too much for my pockets. I decided to get the Ipace for
better refinement, better road and wind noise and better interior quality over range and Tesla superchargers.plus I was a little concerned about new model S coming at the end of 2020.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was another 10 grand over the Ipace! Too much for my pockets. I decided to get the Ipace for
better refinement, better road and wind noise and better interior quality over range and Tesla superchargers.plus I was a little concerned about new model S coming at the end of 2020.
Yes, there is always a possibility that a new Model S may be on the horizon, I was very impressed with the S I had for the test drive.
I did take the ipace for a test drive and yes although the interior quality was good and had the edge over the S I still preferred the lay out, the looks and ride quality of the S. I guess it’s whatever floats your boat, it would be boring if we all liked the same.

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yep, we would all Drive Jaguar 🤪

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, I took delivery on the 29th of September however I only had thecar for a couple of hours before it went in to the garage for a pre arranged appointment to have a full PPF wrap.
I picked the car up last Friday so have had real world use of it now for just under a week, first impressions are good. I really enjoy the smoothness of the power delivery, it is comfortable and now that I have had the Andersen A2 charger installed it is very easy and convienent to charge.
In short, so far I completely love it. I know that "Tesla" is not everyones cup of tea and I am sure there will be bumps in the road as there is with every manufacturer but I have no initial complaints whatsoever.

·
18,717 Posts
Fair play to you Jerry.

You've made a choice - and your happy with it. Not much more you could ask for.

Not that we get bad winters these days - but I wonder how the car will cope with snow and ice.
A manual you can at least put in a higher gear to counter the torque, an auto less so - but not sure you can do that at all in a lecky car.

Let us know how you get on in the future - and keep popping in by (y)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fair play to you Jerry.

You've made a choice - and your happy with it. Not much more you could ask for.

Not that we get bad winters these days - but I wonder how the car will cope with snow and ice.
A manual you can at least put in a higher gear to counter the torque, an auto less so - but not sure you can do that at all in a lecky car.

Let us know how you get on in the future - and keep popping in by (y)
It will be interesting to see how it cope with the bad weather but being AWD should help.

·
Registered
18,473 Posts
Any photos, Jerry?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts