Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm in the process of retrofitting my Clasic 08 XF with memory powerfold electrochromatic mirrors from standard mirrors. I realised that i need to swap the door modules besides the mirrors. I managed to find the right modules that i need but they are coming off a Ford Mondeo. I know that they're all made by ford but my question is, can i reprogram a module from a Ford car onto my Jag in SSD? And also are the front door modules the same?

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Hi, the Jaguar XF mirrors are Volvo not Ford, also check the loom going to your existing mirrors, count the wires then count the wires on the replacement one, I suspect you will find that they are different. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think you are going to find it an easy swap. Phil

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, the Jaguar XF mirrors are Volvo not Ford, also check the loom going to your existing mirrors, count the wires then count the wires on the replacement one, I suspect you will find that they are different. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think you are going to find it an easy swap. Phil
Hi, i know the mirrors are Volvo, I've seen them on S40 and a few other models but from what i know the modules are Ford. I already swapped the mirrors, the number of wires on the door connector matches the number of wires on the mirror. Mirrors movment works but not the other functions as they are controlled by the door module. I have found the modules that i need but they're from a Mondeo and I'm not sure if i can reprogram them onto the Jag.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
What's to lose by trying? I'm guessing no one has attempted before.

I think the issue with some modules is that need to be hard programmed first with a eeprom read/writer before SDD will even talk to them, so while it might be the same looking module externally and circuit board, it might not even communicate to do any programming.

Can't hurt to give it a go though, it may open up more options for others.

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's to lose by trying? I'm guessing no one has attempted before.

I think the issue with some modules is that need to be hard programmed first with a eeprom read/writer before SDD will even talk to them, so while it might be the same looking module externally and circuit board, it might not even communicate to do any programming.

Can't hurt to give it a go though, it may open up more options for others.
That is exactly my concern, non compatibility due to the need of hard programming. I will try to find modules from another Jag but I'm a bit tempted to buy and try reprograming the Mondeo ones just for the sake of experimentation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts