Jaguar Forum banner

Missing Infotainment

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  DAVENN 
#1 ·
#4 ·
:eek: 600$ is a joke. Can't believe that it can't be retrofitted. Probably more the case of being too expensive for JLR to want to foot the bill.

#21 ·
Agree it’s a case for rejection, just as I rejected my old car for having the wrong seats.

However I’ll bet it cannot be retrofitted. It’ll be a missing telematics module, and the modern cars have wiring looms that are specific to the kit fitted in order to save weight and cost. If there was a mistake in specification, which is highly likely, then the loom won’t have anywhere to plug the module in.

#9 ·
As much as this leaves me shaking my head - are the other luxury makers any better when it comes to making mistakes and fobbing off the customer?

#11 ·
Because I simply don't believe the "can't be fixed" line, I have doubts about the whole story, tbh.

ANY software issue or missing module can be fixed by simply reconfiguring the car, surely?

#13 ·
I think it’s more than it cannot be retrofitted (at a reasonable cost to JLR).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
$600......Is it April 1st?:eek:

I think I'd be looking at something like a £6000 rebate if satnav was missing......more if is wasn't a poverty model.

#18 ·
I know some people disassociate dealers from manufacturers but I just can't, manufacturers should be all over dealers or sack them if they don't come up to spec.

Vowed never to have another Volvo after the repeated piss poor behavior of Volvo Leeds.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I agree. They are representing the brand so the manufacturer should be more keen to keep them in check. It just doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Unlikely. It’s very very easy to make mistakes using the JLR ordering system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.