Jaguar Forum banner

401 - 407 of 407 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,949 Posts
A week on, the manifold gasket finally arrived.

The nuts holding the exhaust manifold are free so plan it to just change it.
I’ve toyed with pulling the head off and getting it rebuilt to run on unleaded fuel. Peter Burgess will upgrade my head for around £300 but the mess that is Brexit is mucking up shipping between NI and GB. I’ll leave it until after Easter.

I’ve added an aluminium panel to the heat shield due to it going a bit thin over the centre branch, and given it a quick coat of aluminium spray. The original heat shield is not available due to it being made of an asbestos fibre material. New stainless steel versions are available but not moulded to the same pattern.

Front

Back

Should get the carbs back on this week.
Coming on well Steve, summer beckons 😁

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
Taking your time Steve ;) .........................only kidding :p

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Lol, it's a cracking day here today, just a pity it's in bits.... and I'm working :(

Insurance renewal came in, a whopping £150 including European breakdown. What's not to like!

·
Super Moderator
28,949 Posts
Lol, it's a cracking day here today, just a pity it's in bits.... and I'm working :(

Insurance renewal came in, a whopping £150 including European breakdown. What's not to like!
Is Car Insurance high in Northern Ireland then?

·
19,241 Posts
Reactions: Ancill

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Is Car Insurance high in Northern Ireland then?
It’s actually not too bad. The XF was £390 this year.

An M5 Competition would probably set me back £1500 and I’m in a low risk area of the country.

·
Super Moderator
28,949 Posts
It’s actually not too bad. The XF was £390 this year.

An M5 Competition would probably set me back £1500 and I’m in a low risk area of the country.
😱

401 - 407 of 407 Posts