Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Probably a silly question, but is there a way to fold the side mirrors manually?

I have a tight parking spot and it helps if i can fold the side mirror while backing into the space and so far the mirrors are only folded when I lock the car

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Yes, just push it toward the back of the car if it’s manual, non electric.

There should be a switch on the door panel to do that on electric.

They will both fold though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Yes if you press both buttons you would normally use to select them prior to adjusting they will both fold in, all or nothing I’m afraid 😟

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Yes, press both mirror selectors at the same time, and they will both retract.

I think there’s an upper speed limit for doing this. Might test it out tonight to spice things up.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have tried it but to reduce the light reflection from cars behind to zero in a dark motorway😄

Something I have done often.. even during the day when you have someone behind you with badly adjusted headlights! (y)

Still get their lights in the rear view mirror though.. :(

Reactions: hamedhbb

·
Registered
276 Posts
Even though all mirrors are auto dimming, I like folding side mirrors and pointing rear view mirror to the roof when driving through very dark roads.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My last X-Type had an auto dimming rear view mirror as well.. however, the front 'light sensor' had a 'tunnel' before it met the outside world which meant you could 'bung' it with something to make it dim when it wouldn't have done so by itself..

The XF isn't that friendly though... :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts