Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2022 P450 F-Type convertible and I cannot find lowering springs anywhere. The suspension is new and so are the springs apparently.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Does anybody have suggestions?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,847 Posts
Leave it alone? Jay Leno says not to mess with the F-Type as it‘s already perfection. I agree. Plus you’d probably scrape the nose if you’re not very careful. I think lowering looks crap, but each to their own I guess.

The suspension isn’t new either.

Sorry but I must disagree on every one of your points except the last one!
The suspension is not perfect and the F-Type sits way too high with massive wheel arch gaps, it almost looks like it is on 4x4 suspension. Lowering springs are one of the first mods that should be done on any F-Type, it looks soooo much better with lowering springs and it handles better as well.
I lowered mine just a little (7/8" all round) with VAP springs and I would never go back to stock springs, and I very rarely scrape on anything.

Reactions: ChrisSB

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Sorry but I must disagree on every one of your points except the last one!
The suspension is not perfect and the F-Type sits way too high with massive wheel arch gaps, it almost looks like it is on 4x4 suspension. Lowering springs are one of the first mods that should be done on any F-Type, it looks soooo much better with lowering springs and it handles better as well.
I lowered mine just a little (7/8" all round) with VAP springs and I would never go back to stock springs, and I very rarely scrape on anything.
Like I said, each to their own. They’ll be as many for it as there are against it. That’s life.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
My youngest son has dropped his BMW 123d Coupe onto the floor using decent branded TUV approved suspension.
I think it looks great and, admittedly, it has a reasonably comfortabe ride but he catches every stone on the road it's so low. Speed humps are a nightmare to get over without scraping the floor and multi-storey carparks are a no-go for him.

Personally, I like the F-Type as it sits, have a look at my XF - that's a 4x4 level of stance..... ;)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
1,051 Posts
IMHO, suspension lowering is for Fiesta/Focus ST types, not luxury sports cars. Still, ye pays yer money……

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
22,319 Posts
Let's face it, the F-Type suspension is as good as a 500+HP sports/GT car needs. No doubt in some eyes the lowering of that suspension may "improve" the aesthetics but my god!, the ride must be like being on iron-hooped cart wheels on a cobbled street. :oops:

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Let's face it, the F-Type suspension is as good as a 500+HP sports/GT car needs. No doubt in some eyes the lowering of that suspension may "improve" the aesthetics but my god!, the ride must be like being on iron-hooped cart wheels on a cobbled street. :oops:
It's already like that 😄 - but us youngsters like it a bit harder ;)

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,847 Posts
It's not that bad John even on lowering springs.
The important thing is to not use the Dynamic suspension setting unless you really need it such as a track session or a "spirited" (ahem) blast on a windy back road. At all other times especially when pootling about the 'burbs on your typical crap roads have the suspension in Normal setting. Dynamic setting noticeably stiffens up the suspension and it becomes rather jiggly and jittery on anything other than a dead smooth road. On an F-Type R (ie well over 500 HP) the iDynamic option is standard and this allows you, when in Dynamic mode, to choose Normal or Dynamic separately across four things - throttle response, gearbox response, steering response and suspension stiffness. Without iDynamic all four things are by default set to Dynamic whenever you put the car in Dynamic mode but with iDynamic you can mix and match. I for one have my iDynamic set to Dynamic for throttle, gearbox and steering but Normal for suspension, and I drive in Dynamic mode at all times.
As I said iDynamic is standard on the F-Type R but was an option on the S and unavailable on the "base" (not sure about the later 2019 onwards models such as the R-Dynamic). My S did not come with it but Cambo was able to quickly and easily turn it on using his SDD equipment.

·
Registered
XJ Portfolio.2014.Amethyst Black.
1,051 Posts
I suppose one sideline would be the NHS to rent out one with said lowered suspension to sufferers of hemmy….hammy…..haemo…..piles, and suggest they drive it on the under- funded roads of Scotlandshire…..five miles later, ye cough up yer piles……no surgery required…..sorted. I recommend A82 Inverness to Fort William. That road past loch Ness is monstrous.

Reactions: PeteA and Shrek
1 - 10 of 10 Posts