Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - anyone (especially in the UK, since I'm here in Australia) know of where I can get a facia panel switch pack to suit a MY12 vehicle? It's the black with chrome trim version...

It appears to be unique, in that the ordering of the buttons is as follows (symbols for lock, unlock, power and emergency flashers):

[ Lock | Unlock | Power | Emergency | Nav | Phone | Menu ]

I've been into various parts sites, and come up with a string of part number ranging from C2Z31423 through to C2Z31481, none of which shows (even in the Jaguar catalogue) the right description or icons - most have either stop/start buttons (introduced in MY13), or have the 'Nav' and 'Phone' buttons deleted.

Any idea where I can source one at a reasonable price? Here in Australia, I can count the number of wreckers yards with MY12 XFs on one thumb, if at all (very rare): unlike in the UK.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi all - anyone (especially in the UK, since I'm here in Australia) know of where I can get a facia panel switch pack to suit a MY12 vehicle? It's the black with chrome trim version...

It appears to be unique, in that the ordering of the buttons is as follows (symbols for lock, unlock, power and emergency flashers):

[ Lock | Unlock | Power | Emergency | Nav | Phone | Menu ]

I've been into various parts sites, and come up with a string of part number ranging from C2Z31423 through to C2Z31481, none of which shows (even in the Jaguar catalogue) the right description or icons - most have either stop/start buttons (introduced in MY13), or have the 'Nav' and 'Phone' buttons deleted.

Any idea where I can source one at a reasonable price? Here in Australia, I can count the number of wreckers yards with MY12 XFs on one thumb, if at all (very rare): unlike in the UK.
I used eurojag here in the uk when I needed a part for my 2009 xfr... they were very helpful. Maybe try them?

·
Registered
465 Posts
like this one ?

just re-read your description , seems to be your 'power' button description thats the issue ?

have you got a picture of yours, so we can see , might be an Asian only market wording for the buttons ?

BB

·
Registered
465 Posts
found one ,

expensive, but should give you the part number etc

BB

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers all: interestingly, there seems to be some confusion even with dealers because the parts listing in the manual shows around 20 different items, and some with clear descriptions, but none with actual pictures of the item (the line diagram even only shows the pre-facelift number of buttons), regardless.

I got onto RimmerBros who were very helpful and with the VIN were able to assure me that it’s C2Z31423 that I need. Wasn’t just for the Australasian market, but rather all initial facelift X250s (pre-stop/start) with navigation fitted. In Jaguar lingo, ‘regular electric starter’...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And RimmerBros delivered. Pretty amazing speed of delivery considering COVID etc. And the part number was correct (noting that the MY12 didn't have stop/start, and therefore the part number is unique for a single model year).

·
Super Moderator
28,532 Posts
And RimmerBros delivered. Pretty amazing speed of delivery considering COVID etc. And the part number was correct (noting that the MY12 didn't have stop/start, and therefore the part number is unique for a single model year).
MY XFR-S doesn't have start stop either. MY15 ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's really interesting, Chris - I expect that R-S models couldn't accommodate the extra functionality. If you need a spare facia panel with a slightly abraded 'Menu' button, let me know! I've got one spare (and can't work out how to take the actual buttons apart to see if I can fix it, but marvel at the engineering behind the actual panel itself).

Reactions: ChrisSB
1 - 10 of 10 Posts