Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , would anybody have a workshop or service manual for this model by any chance?

The lack of any info on my car is frustrating .... almost like this car does not exist lol

Any links or files would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hi all , would anybody have a workshop or service manual for this model by any chance?

The lack of any info on my car is frustrating .... almost like this car does not exist lol

Any links or files would be much appreciated.
Normal workshop for facelifts manual covers most of the car. Even prefacelift manual covers 80% of your car. If you meant engine. I am sure I have seen it before.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
What Hamed said. If you're looking for engine specific info and can't find a workshop manual I guess you should be able to buy and download manual extracts from topix.

Properly rare XF that by the way, at least here in Europe. I once had the pleasure of having one for a day as a loaner quite a few years ago now. Apart from the very smooth engine I remember that it had the nice feature of having two tailpipes unlike all other 4 cylinder XFs which only had one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It’s almost the same as ford mondeo 2.0t ecoboost engine. Also the same as volvo B4204T7 engine. Try to find info there) i got the same engine, so if any questions - welcome.

Reactions: PeteA and OBC John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am getting an orange engine light warning, connected my OBD reader and its a P0420 error code.

As the car has only done 60k (kilometers) I am hoping its not the CAT but my downstream oxygen sensor needs replaced/cleaned what do you guys think?

·
Registered
175 Posts
It’s cat. They don’t live longer. I can reflash your engine remotely with factory decat software and mil goes off. Mine cat was changed by warranty at 50kkm and then again at 120kkm (myself)

·
18,707 Posts
Wow even petrol Jags have problem with exhaust?!
Problem with a sensor - lets not be sensationalist ;)

If it was the catalytic convertor - then it will be a rare fault on petrol as well as diesel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
P0420 fault is 100% catalyst..

·
18,707 Posts
So what is breaking down in the cat convertor that it is throwing up these codes?

·
Registered
175 Posts
So what is breaking down in the cat convertor that it is throwing up these codes?
Use google to understand how catalytic converter works. It looses its active components and stops cleaning exhaust gases.

·
18,707 Posts
I understand the process. I thought the active part of a cat-con was platinum. Didn't think that wore away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts