Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a niggle about the car so possibly wrong forum but more about TFL.

What a crock of sh... they are, no wonder they're basically bankrupt!

Before I bought my 68 XF S SportBrake I checked the reg against the ULEZ/LEZ checking system on line - all OK it said. Great!

I've now transferred my private number to the car, checked again and it now, amazingly, doesn't meet any of the criteria - not happy.

The V5C transfer should be enough but no, I have to send that in with four photographs of the car.

In this computer/on-line age you'd think things would be easy but no!

·
Registered
17,794 Posts
You're in absolutely the right place to have a whinge about pretty much anything! :sneaky:

I do sympathise. Although fortunately I rarely have to travel to London and then, not inside the congestion zone.
That said, Birmingham will shortly be introducing their very own, supa-dupa, shiny, new congestion zone and my XJ will be persona non grata in there!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Glasgow is bringing in a full LEZ in Dec 2022. For a while it was worrying me as I would have to sell my car now whilst it may still actually fetch a few quid but it seems that every month more and more of the city centre is being converted into bus gates/lanes, cycle areas and paved areas.

Basically, pretty soon there won't be any roads left to drive on in Glasgow so who cares if you car is compliant or not! lol Not sure about London now, it's been a while since I've driven about there properly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seems most people have missed this snippet of news: Scooters
Seems the motorist will have another hazard to contend with during the relentless march to make the roads available to all and sundry. What next, the right to herd sheep, oh wait that already exists!

·
Administrator
27,549 Posts
Seems Buttercup would incur the ULEZ charge. Fancy that!

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Well you will all buy these polluting vehicles. I instead went for a super green and environmentally friendly 4.2 S/C V8. Perfectly acceptable in a ULEZ area. 😂

·
Super Moderator
11,190 Posts
Seems Buttercup would incur the ULEZ charge. Fancy that!
Strange, son Mikey's 5 litre '69 Mustang doesn't.

·
Registered
12,106 Posts
Wow, seems my MR2 is exempt, but not the motorbike lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts