Jaguar Forum banner

421 - 440 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
At the price i got them for they will even do for cleaning the dogs bangle !!!
Damn, yes. I’ve to wash the older Westie in coal tar shampoo and it stinks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
17,749 Posts
Auto Glym launch there ceramic coating, who going to try it first? ��
Ceramics are old hat now - graphene is the next new thing.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I have the Autoglym app... £59.99

Ceramics are newfangled for me. I’m still using carnuba wax....

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I understand the benefits of ceramic, for me though I enjoy spending time buffing up the wax. Works for me.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I understand the benefits of ceramic, for me though I enjoy spending time buffing up the wax. Works for me.
Kinda concur, after all that time and money on ceramication only last September. When it wears off......it DOESN’T last for years, utter widdle, I will revert to my auld pal, Collinite Wax. Hot wash, Tardis and/or clay bar and on with the Collinite.
Also bought a wee £50.00 battery garden blower for all the nooks and crannies that weep down after waxing, overnight of course so ye cannae catch them.....! Blower works superb.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dog dryers work well, they seem to be a bit cheaper than motorcycle dryers, which are identical. 230v though.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
If anyone wants to try a different polish for a final stage before waxing/sealant you should consider Scholl S40 ..easy to work with and a nice finish.
20200212_192420.jpg

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Do you get that online or locally Mark?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
My new car is covered in swirls, I seen how bad under the car park lights in Sainsbury’s last night :(
I’ve got the equipment and products to make it better than new but I haven’t really got the time at the moment. I know two good detailers who can sort it but begrudge paying when I could do it myself :) Think I’ll just bang some Black Hole on for now which will mask then until I decide. I’ll be coating it with Carpro lite when it’s done as it’s been great on my son car.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263087355659
This place is were i get it and the cheapest ...you need very little of this stuff so a bottle will last ages .But just to let you know this will not remove swirl marks its more for refining and finishing before waxing/sealant.
So more akin to the megs glaze?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263087355659
This place is were i get it and the cheapest ...you need very little of this stuff so a bottle will last ages .But just to let you know this will not remove swirl marks its more for refining and finishing before waxing/sealant.
Scholl S20 would do that pretty well.

421 - 440 of 463 Posts