Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 463 Posts

·
17,728 Posts
How long are you thinking of spending - time wise - detailing your new pride and joy Mark?

2nd question - how was the handover and drive back home?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Deep cleaning make me feel much better.
Not many people look after their (expensive) car.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long are you thinking of spending - time wise - detailing your new pride and joy Mark?

2nd question - how was the handover and drive back home?
Drive back home was some craic...put it this way ,my MPG wouldn't have been great lol.
Have booked 2 weeks of work to do the whole car ...that's an inside detail ..full paint correction...wheels off..inner arch guards off and an under chassis deep clean.

Ok the only thing i want to renew is both wiper arms cause there not up to my standards .
I have the wiper arm pulling tool and could do it myself but where's the best place to get them ie. Jaguar or an independent jag supplier...ive been doing a bit of homework on line about part numbers and the like but if anyone wants to give me a shove in the right direction i would be grateful.
Thanks
Mark.

·
17,728 Posts
Drive back home was some craic...put it this way ,my MPG wouldn't have been great lol.
Have booked 2 weeks of work to do the whole car ...that's an inside detail ..full paint correction...wheels off..inner arch guards off and an under chassis deep clean.

Ok the only thing i want to renew is both wiper arms cause there not up to my standards .
I have the wiper arm pulling tool and could do it myself but where's the best place to get them ie. Jaguar or an independent jag supplier...ive been doing a bit of homework on line about part numbers and the like but if anyone wants to give me a shove in the right direction i would be grateful.
Thanks
Mark.
I never had any problems pulling the wiper arms off my X250. Under the plastic weather cap, a 13mm nut holds the arm onto a splined drive, IIRC. It's a parallel spline too I think, so it should only need a small wiggle before pulling up.

As for places to get new ones - I can only suggest the normal places;

Charlie Hurst - will be expensive, but guarantee genuine parts.
Euro Car Parts - not far from Charlie Hurst off Boucher Road.
FleaBay - cheap? More than likely. Genuine - you gets what you pay for.

https://www.google.com/search?q=X250+wiper+arm&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjeoJehkOnjAhWOalAKHc3rBokQ_AUIECgB&biw=1920&bih=1057

·
17,728 Posts
Good info bud ...what about this crowd
https://www.justjagsuk.com/

No sure if they would be any cheaper that Charly Hursts .
I guess you can only shop around for best price and Postage and packageing.

Some online retailers - even though they state free UK delivery - can give you a right sting in the tail with P+P to N.I.

Might be worth trying Amazon - if you have prime - then that will ensure timely delivery and free P+P.

·
Super Moderator
11,004 Posts
Just take them off and give them a waft over with a Satin Black aerosol can.

·
17,728 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Why does it matter if a car is expensive or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite agree.

I've busted my arse detailing some rubbish but always remember it's someone's pride and joy.

Welcome to the fourm Mark.

Nice to have a fellow detailing obsessive on board. Your user name makes sense now.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,301 Posts
Makes a change to see nice clean (and weed free) block paving, lol.

Great guard dog. :p

1 - 20 of 463 Posts