Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Jaguar XF 2010. I am not experienced with keyless entry.
So the issue is to that I lock the car, however at times I have noticed the driver side door can open even if the key is in the house. However, when opening the door the alarm goes off.

Does anyone have any experience of this or anything I'm doing wrong ?

Thank you

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hi, sounds like the old chestnut of a faulty door lock. Phil

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
22,317 Posts
I agree with Phil.
Check which door(s) open after you've locked the car and there's your culprit.
The door locks are readily available on ebay but be aware that there is a difference between the latches for keyless and non-keyless entry.
Then check out the "How to" section for a guide on how to do the job.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Reactions: FCS and Gav

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
I agree with Phil.
Check which door(s) open after you've locked the car and there's your culprit.
The door locks are readily available on ebay but be aware that there is a difference between the latches for keyless and non-keyless entry.
Then check out the "How to" section for a guide on how to do the job.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
And they're all almost exclusively the wrong type on eBay despite what they're often advertised as. It's an item I'd just buy from the dealers despite the extra cost. They'll check against the VIN too for fitment.

·
Administrator
30,260 Posts
^this

Went through the same money-wasting charade on ebay when sorting the current Mrs Wilfs Ewok. Dealer got it right first time.

·
Registered
22,317 Posts
I have both part numbers written down somewhere. Will post if I can find them. In the meantime, here they are, side by side photographed after I too was sent a wrong 'un. Keyless on the left.
Camera accessory Cameras & optics Camera Optical instrument Machine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Thank you all for the replies, what a great community.

Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable in this department. If I'm contacting the dealer's what part or parts an I asking for exactly and can anyone tell me how much it set the back?

Thank you all, very much appreciated

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
You need the door latch, that's the correct name. Drivers door, front, part number C2D47284 I believe it is, known as passive entry for keyless, current list price is £158.27. But please do check with the dealer and ask for the part rather than the part number in case I've got it wrong.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
You need the door latch, that's the correct name. Drivers door, front, part number C2D47284 I believe it is, known as passive entry for keyless, current list price is £158.27. But please do check with the dealer and ask for the part rather than the part number in case I've got it wrong.
Don't bother quoting the part number to the dealer, it may create confusion.

Just tell them you need a door latch for whichever specific door it is, and give them your full VIN number and let them tell you which one you need. They usually won't supply part numbers now till you've actually paid for the item as most people did that, and then just went elsewhere to actually buy it.

You'll get at least 12 months warranty, they guarantee fitment for your vehicle and it'll be the latest iteration of the part as sometimes they will upgrade/modify parts through their life cycle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys, I will contact the local dealer to get a price.

I appreciate all the help you guys gave and hopefully get the door sorted soon

·
Registered
22,317 Posts
Thank you guys, I will contact the local dealer to get a price.

I appreciate all the help you guys gave and hopefully get the door sorted soon

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

Wasn't sure to start another topic or just ask as a follow up. But today my car is showing a "dpf full see handbook" sign.

I don't see any red messages yet, it's in orange. Does that mean I could probably clear it with a run on a motorway? Or any recommendations for cleaning to use?

Thanks again

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,308 Posts
Hi,

Wasn't sure to start another topic or just ask as a follow up. But today my car is showing a "dpf full see handbook" sign.

I don't see any red messages yet, it's in orange. Does that mean I could probably clear it with a run on a motorway? Or any recommendations for cleaning to use?

Thanks again

Yellow just means a warning, so yes a cruise at over 50 until it clears, 15-20min or so

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perfect, went for a cruise on the motorway. Once, I got home the warning light was still on. However, when I got back into the car for a quick shopping trip I noticed it turned off after a few mins.

Seems like the quick motorway run has cleared it for now.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Good news, hope that's it for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts