Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like all XF , i have keyless ignition

some have keyless entry, ( no button on handle )?

and some have keyless exit locking ( button on handle)?

now, me not being the brightest candle on the cake, i need to clarify some points...

while taking my car to bits, i have discovered multiple ' keyless detection modules ' , even two in the rear of the sportbrake , i do not however have buttons on the door handles, and my car does not unlock on approach , i have to press the fob button

while trawling through the CCF , i have noted a key less entry mode, as well as keyless exit , as far as i can work out the buttons on the door handle are only to lock the car when exiting without having to use the fob ? is this correct ??

now to my question i suppose,
with my car ( without handle buttons ) i think i can enable keyless entry without using my fob , however as i dont have handle buttons i will always need to use the fob to lock again , but thats no issue ,

do people with the handle button need to press the button to enter the car without using the fob directly ?

BB:unsure:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Mine has buttons on the handles and I don't need to press anything to open the car. You just walk up and pull the door handle which unlocks all the doors.

I think the button is just to lock the doors.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: brake-buster

·
Registered
194 Posts
As Jay F says mine is the same button is to lock only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
27,085 Posts
Button on lock only.

Two things to point out though. Firstly, keyless is a huge vector for car theft at the moment. Many people are disabling it because of this. Secondly, as the car has keyless start and it can detect the key once it's instide the car (especially useful if you close the boot with the key inside) I wonder if those modules exist for that reason and another one is required for full keyless entry?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I think there's something like 7 sensors around the car to detect where the key is; I mind reading some warning about it and people with heart condition devices.

Regarding keyless, I think there are five antennas (one in each handle and one in the boot). From what I remember when you pull the handle about 5% the signal is transmitted to the key fob to verify and then when you reach 80% it will unlock that door and send a request to unlock the other doors etc. Fob has to be within 1 metre I believe.The buttons on the handle are definitely for locking only.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Not sure if this will be of any help

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very good info , thanks

it seems the original XF has the antenna's in the handles , as well as the buttons, and that makes sense,

mine is a runout 2015 'facelift' x250 , it has different door handles, and a few major wiring differences,
is there a parts picture for the 2015 x250 models ?

BB

·
Registered
18,220 Posts
I don't think any Jag has a walk-away auto locking system (like Renaults do).
One exception; if I unlock mine with the fob, the car will lock itself again about 30 seconds later if none of the doors is opened.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
very good info , thanks

it seems the original XF has the antenna's in the handles , as well as the buttons, and that makes sense,

mine is a runout 2015 'facelift' x250 , it has different door handles, and a few major wiring differences,
is there a parts picture for the 2015 x250 models ?

BB
Mines a facelift and I may have some photos of when I had the door card off which may show some wiring if it would help?

Reactions: brake-buster

·
Registered
575 Posts
Slightly off topic but appreciate your experience. Mine has keyless entry with buttons on all handles. But when I want to open the boot lid while car is locked, nothing happens until I unlock the boot or the car by fob. I find this wired as even my Toyota with keyless entry does it. Is it normal?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Slightly off topic but appreciate your experience. Mine has keyless entry with buttons on all handles. But when I want to open the boot lid while car is locked, nothing happens until I unlock the boot or the car by fob. I find this wired as even my Toyota with keyless entry does it. Is it normal?
Mine (2012 X250) opens using the button on the bootlid without the car bring unlocked as long as I have the keys in my pocket.

When the bootlid is shut after the indicators give a single flash to confirm the car is still locked. (I guess)

Reactions: hamedhbb and Gav

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Another thing to add to the mix... What is the extra part of the door latch unit for or what does it do? We all now know it's a different door latch unit than those without keyless entry/locking.

One could only assume it's the part which unlocks the latch when you pull the handle. This would mean even if you enable it in SDD, it still won't have any capability to unlock the door latch as you pull the handle.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Correct Phil, it's so you can unlock only that door as such.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In what way are your door handles different BB?

from what i have read , the ' later facelift cars ' door handles are not compatible with the earlier ones , subtle tweaks like the nose of the car etc...

dont know if this is 100% correct though

BB

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Thanks BB.... I have to say I wasn't aware of the subtle tweaks like the nose of the car either...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mine (2012 X250) opens using the button on the bootlid without the car bring unlocked as long as I have the keys in my pocket.

When the bootlid is shut after the indicators give a single flash to confirm the car is still locked. (I guess)

Thanks. I think it needs programming then because I see an error saying RFA config incompatible in SDD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well I've learnt something today.

I've owned my MY15 for over two years and never really noticed the buttons on the door handles. I have always used the fob to lock the doors.

I suppose reading the handbook was too much trouble.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
11,330 Posts
You don't have to use the zapper to unlock it when you come back either. As long as it's in your pocket just open the door.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Well I've learnt something today.

I've owned my MY15 for over two years and never really noticed the buttons on the door handles. I have always used the fob to lock the doors.

I suppose reading the handbook was too much trouble.:rolleyes:
The only issue I ever have is occasionally emptying my pockets into the door bins/passenger seat/elsewhere, and then losing the key somewhere inside the car 😂

1 - 20 of 20 Posts