Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always- where possible- bought from the JLR stable and recently had the option to come out of the company car scheme due to the ever-increasing BIK threshold (almost £9,000 for a 4 year old car) and have a personal choice of vehicle. I gave my Audi A6 back to the lease hire company after 100,000 miles and chose a 3 year old low-mileage XF RSport in black with two tone cream and black sports seats. At the same time I also sold my wife's Discovery V8 which we had for towing a caravan but as said caravan is now on a seasonal pitch we had no further requirement for this fantastic vehicle. Don't miss the £550 ridiculous road tax though! Having to pay my own road tax now, £30 is a significant saving with the XF.previosly I had a Portfolio 2013 XF 3l diesel which was as smooth as silk so I had a fair idea what to expect as I require comfort in the daily work commute which sees me covering 22k per annum. First impressions are lovely car but the seats are SO uncomfortable. I am over 6ft and rather generous in the posterior department, shall we say and just can't get comfortable. A secondary niggle is my left leg leans against the transmission tunnel which would be more comfortable if the hard plastic was a bit more "giving". The driver seat has limited adjustment and I would ask for suggestions to make the seat more comfortable if possible. Maybe I'm posting this incorrectly but bear with me.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Hello & welcome. Agree on how hard the tunnel is on left leg on long trips, not found a solution to it yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,004 Posts
Seat adjustment depends on spec. Top of the range get 16/12 way seat adjustment with memory function, bottom of the range get 8/8 way and in betweens get 10/10 way.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I must admit that I can't fault the seats in my XFR, even on a 13 hour drive.
Seats are fine on mine, just sometimes conscious of knee resting against the tunnel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts