Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted one, since I was a kid, the local bookie in town drove a Jag MK 1 Black and pristine, my mates and I would say " I WANT ! one of them "...so here I am 50 years later buying a Jaguar XF R Sport Ebony Black, and it is rocking my boat.
It is not a MK 1 but its a Jaguar, put you foot down and you can take off....smiley face.
I have owned it 2 months, its got 24k on the clock, the pro remote and cd thing and internet routing which costs a bit more but worth it in my book, I can start this car from my toilet, set temperature and its cool or hot depending on time of year when I get in it...(private road) ...dogs nuts.
I have thought to myself over the years that a car is only looking its best if its owner has bothered to care for it, we have all seen the shiny cars...
It is time to step up to the plate...its a Jag.
I have had each wheel off, decontaminated them with iron out fallout, tar remover , elbow grease, ipa and then I waxed them internally they look brand new.
I have a DA and will rinse,snow foam,bud tar remover, iron-out,, compound ipa, polish, ipa, wax....probably with Poorboy's black hole because the car has got small stone chips on the bonnet..and the Poor boys has got fillers and I have not got a Full wallet...

Hi...Its only me.....Crustynuts :)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Welcome Crusty!

We look forward to some pictures of your sparkling Jaaaag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Hello & welcome.

Crustynuts?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Hello, welcome and congratulations on your new Jaguar. Glad you seem to be enjoying it. Lovely cars to drive.

·
Firm Rampant Member
13,178 Posts
hello and welcome

·
Registered
559 Posts
Photos or it never happened !!

Welcome aboard mate ..enjoy your new toy .

·
18,862 Posts
Welcome Crusty,

will Sideshow Bob be joining?

Car looks a good un!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, the alloygaters I have fitted are abit boy racer red, and when I fit them I thought Oh Dear, so I decontaminated the brake calipers one by one and applied a coating in red to match ish , the brake caliper stuff is made by the guys who do the brakes on McLaren cars..uuum, But it hasnt been affected by 500 miles..

PS, Who is Sideshow Bob?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum Crusty. Black is a great colour, just a bu66er to keep clean. I had an Ultimate Black one for 2 1/2 years. As requested, please post some photos.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,728 Posts
Hi Crusty. Welcome to the forum. And the wonderful world of Jag ownership! ;)

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Welcome! There's really something special about a black Jag isn't there? ;)

Just a comment on Poor Boy's Black Hole - don't expect too much of it. It adds some nice shine but doesn't fill much and certainly not stone chips. I have some micro scratches and minor swirls on my car and used Poor Boy's BH a couple of times but it didn't make any noticeable difference. Probably because my scratches are so minor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts