Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Who has fitted sequential mirror indicators and told their insurance company?

Who has fitted sequential mirror indicators and told their insurance company?
I mis-read that first time.

I thought you said sequined mirror indicators 馃ぃ

Registered

Registered
Which one's Rigger? :unsure:

Registered
My experience with boxes has not been great over the years despite buying the most rated and expensive.
Great increase of torque and great punch from middle range to red line. Slightly better fuel consumption at steady speed and of course worse when you push.
However I find they don鈥檛 deliver that increase of power in a smooth and pleasant way. Torque and power is not anymore linear and is not always pleasant when you just wafting around.
Proper remap solves this and doesn鈥檛 throw any light on your dash.

Registered
My experience with boxes has not been great over the years despite buying the most rated and expensive.
Great increase of torque and great punch from middle range to red line. Slightly better fuel consumption at steady speed and of course worse when you push.
However I find they don鈥檛 deliver that increase of power in a smooth and pleasant way. Torque and power is not anymore linear and is not always pleasant when you just wafting around.
Proper remap solves this and doesn鈥檛 throw any light on your dash.
It's good to hear these experiences, not all tuning box manufacturers have a good product. As I said in another post, a previous box my mate had wasn't as good as the current one. My mate is very happy to recommend the Bluespark box.

Reactions: Gav

Registered
Blue spark worked well on my 20d XF. Not so well on my 30d.

Registered
Blue spark worked well on my 20d XF. Not so well on my 30d.
Which goes against my mates experiences on the 3.0D, couldn't be more pleased with it. Does exactly what it's supposed to and you wouldn't know it's there, operation is linear, doesn't come in with a bang, any other driver if not told wouldn't know it was there, just a smooth, powerful and torquey engine.

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Which goes against my mates experiences on the 3.0D, couldn't be more pleased with it. Does exactly what it's supposed to and you wouldn't know it's there, operation is linear, doesn't come in with a bang, any other driver if not told wouldn't know it was there, just a smooth, powerful and torquey engine.
my mates experience too, so much so he had it programmed for a x260 2.0D and is still impressed

Registered
My mate had his previous XF S remapped by his local indy and was very impressed by the extra performance and fuel economy.

However he also had a split inlet manifold within months of having it done and it's possible the extra power could of caused this component to fail earlier.

He's probably not going to get his XJ remapped because he's more than happy with the performance and economy he's already getting.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Registered
My mate had his previous XF S remapped by his local indy and was very impressed by the extra performance and fuel economy.

However he also had a split inlet manifold within months of having it done and it's possible the extra power could of caused this component to fail earlier.

He's probably not going to get his XJ remapped because he's more than happy with the performance and economy he's already getting.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The possibility of splitting the inlet manifolds because of the increased boost pressure was one of the determining factors that drove my decision to take off the Tunit box.

Reactions: JayF

Firm Rampant Member
The possibility of splitting the inlet manifolds because of the increased boost pressure was one of the determining factors that drove my decision to take off the Tunit box.
Drove.

Subtle.

Reactions: OBC John
21 - 34 of 34 Posts