Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Welcome Noddy, glad the forum has helped you. Would you care to expand what issues you had and what you did to fix?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2013 xf. The problem i had with the car was that the N S running light would not turn off.
Having read some of the comments on this forum, I had a look at the C5 motherboard and plugs,
I found that 2 of the terminal's were filthy, green and gooey.
After cleaning all of the affected parts I put it all back together and it now works as it should.
Thanks to the help from this forum I saved a small fortune.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,308 Posts
I have a 2013 xf. The problem i had with the car was that the N S running light would not turn off.
Having read some of the comments on this forum, I had a look at the C5 motherboard and plugs,
I found that 2 of the terminal's were filthy, green and gooey.
After cleaning all of the affected parts I put it all back together and it now works as it should.
Thanks to the help from this forum I saved a small fortune.
eh except the bigger picture is you're got water ingress from the washer pump, do a search on here and save yourself a fortune again ;)

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
eh except the bigger picture is you're got water ingress from the washer pump, do a search on here and save yourself a fortune again ;)
^^^ Yes, this. You have washer fluid tracking along inside the wires of the wiring loom and ending up in the CJB. If you don't take action to stop the source, it'll likely destroy the CJB, replacement is a couple thousand pounds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
New member, just joined to thank everyone who has contributed to this discussion, it has pinpointed my issue exactly.
Jag XF 2013 year 2.2D.
I had the weird light not turning off problem, checked the C5 plug, found this discolouration, check image attached.
Cleaned with electrical lubricant and light now off, everything seems normal.
I know this is only a symptom, I hope I have caught it in time as a few months ago I had an episode of false warning messages on the dash, I wonder if this is connected?
So it's off to visit my friendly auto spark this week to check the pump and wiring :cool:

Stephen

Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Hi Stephen, and welcome. Glad the forum and this thread has helped you. Do watch out for further corrosion to the C5 plug, socket and the CJB though, your wiring loom will likely still have water/washer fluid in it.

Reactions: Suzi650

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get your sparky to cut the wires from the pump & join them with crimp type connectors to create a moisture break!
Hi, do you mean that you cut the wires at the pump and then just re connect them ? Will this stop the water going into the loom ? Does anyone have a picture or a full description?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I cut mine about half way between the pump and where the wire disappears into the bodywork, behind the wheel arch liner.

Reactions: Noddy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks John, I have now done that. Had a problem with the heater not working, the connector pin had fallen off, so a friend of mine removed the printed circuit board and soldered a wire to it and connected it to the plug. All works great now.
Thanks to everyone for their help.

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,308 Posts
Thanks John, I have now done that. Had a problem with the heater not working, the connector pin had fallen off, so a friend of mine removed the printed circuit board and soldered a wire to it and connected it to the plug. All works great now.
Thanks to everyone for their help.
You‘re welcome!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts